Expert Forum User

Default Knit/Crochet/Sew for Charity

I've just started maternity leave and the babe hasn't shown up yet - so I've got some time on my hands. I was wondering if any of you folk knit/crochet/sew for charity. There is a yahoo group that donates items to the St. Joe's NICU and the military that I have joined, but it doesn't seem super active.

I've found a few sites that have patterns that I should have no trouble following, but maybe some of you guys know some more that I'm not aware of. I'm still at the beginner-ish stage and have only made items like ponchos, booties, bibs, blankets thus far. Is anyone aware of any groups that actually get together in town that donate items to charity? I know theres a knitting group that gets together at the library sometimes.

Banned

I think you must have joined the same group as me - is it Caring 4 Canadians? I joined it about a year ago but so far haven't managed to make anything.

I'll be watching this thread for replies though - I quite enjoy knitting, and it keeps my hands busy so they can't be feeding me food!

Expert Forum User

Yup, I joined thats the yahoo group that I joined. Went out today and bought some soft wool. I have been making a lot of small baby items so they might as well go to good use.

Expert Forum User

my mom's best friend began the Crochet Club of London many years ago. They donate all the items they make to needy locations around London (hospitals, NICU, nursing homes, Humane Society, etc.). They are always looking for people to join in. Women of all ages are members. It is a fantastic charity that brings smiles to many faces.
    I can send you the info if you wish.
    Rebecca
    http://lifewithbecks.blogspot.com/

pm me for details about Little Diva Spa Parties