Expert Forum User

Default Ex is driving me nuts

Ok I FINALLY got my ex to go to the bank on Friday, he kept the house, so he needs to buy me out of my share. After two and a half months of listening to "I will do it this week, I have been busy, I don't have time right now do go!!" So the bank tells us to get a few real estate agents to see the property to get a value on the house, I volunteered to set this up and take them through the house. I call my ex today to tell him I am bringing an estate agent through tonight, could he just straighten up a bit. Well I just talked to my ex and he says I am not going to be here, I have other things to do, if you want the house looked at then you come clean it!!

I hope my ex realizes that I won't stand for this crap, that is why I left him, and if I take him to court about the house, and child support, then he would be screwed. I have told him over and over, that we need to get things settled, for the kids at least. He said why didn't you set up the appt for tomorrow night, I said it is my dad's birthday and we are meeting for supper remember, then he says well on Wed then, I said I have had Nickleback tickets for over 3 months, I will be in Sarnia, and he says "sure don't inconvinence yourself, just me!"

He had all weekend to straighten the house up, and the last 6 months of living there alone, not my fault if he didn't run a vacuum every once in a while or do dishes.

Am I being a ***** about this?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

UM NO.

Tell him he has two choices the easy way which is what your offering or the hard way through court

No, you're not. The last thing you need is to get an under-quote cause he's being a slob. What a pita, sorry you're going through this.

Your not being a B**ch about it you are being very reasonable. You could hold on to your share of the house and when he sells it take half of the value then. I kept the house and was going to fix it up but my lawyer told me to get rid of it because anyway I improve the property and raise the value he benifits from and takes half.

I would take the real estate agent through it dirty. If they give you a low figure get a second opinion. Some people get 3 and use the average (that way you know your getting a good number, my first real estate agent valued my house about 10 000 more than my second)

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
    Niki

Expert Forum User

Default ex

Well I took the 3 real estate agents through. My ex was surprised at what they quoted the house at. I have all the figures into the bank, and now have to hire a family law lawyer, cause the bank tells me now, that they will give the money to my ex, but they can't tell me how much, and it is up to him to give me my share!! So I see a lawyer tomorrow at noon, maybe she can get the info from the bank.

I will update you when I know something.

Default Re: ex

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymomof3
    I have all the figures into the bank, and now have to hire a family law lawyer, cause the bank tells me now, that they will give the money to my ex, but they can't tell me how much, and it is up to him to give me my share!!
    Question: Is both your names on the deed of the house? Don't sound fair that the bank won't tell you the amount they are giving to your ex.

Expert Forum User

Default ex

Question: Is both your names on the deed of the house? Don't sound fair that the bank won't tell you the amount they are giving to your ex
    Because it is only him getting the loan to buy me out, Bank says it isn't any of my business. But I did go to a lawyer yesterday, and we wrote up a seperation agreement, that deals with the house, custody, child support, etc. Now to get my ex to sign it and take it to the bank, for the bank to cut me a check instead of all the money going to him.

Good for you. Hope it works out for you!! Keep us posted.