Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stepping Stone Kit from Lee Valley TOols

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get one similar to this kit? I am doing some stones with some friends and we have one kit but I am interested in another one basically for the alphabet I looked online and Lee Valley no longer carries this kit, Boooooooooo

Expert Forum User

I have seen them at Michaels.

THis is the one she is looking for. I own one but we would like a second kit because some of the letters are missing. I make the stones with my class and I can only assume that one of my students ate some letters???

Stepping-Stone Kit - Lee Valley Tools
    mama to 3

Expert Forum User

I have a set of letters I'd be willing to lend.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the states that I could get this kit maybe??? I am heading there for the weekend and I could pick one up????

Quote Originally Posted by gogomom View Post
    I have a set of letters I'd be willing to lend.
    Thanks for the offer! If I can't find any to purchase I just may take you up on that offer

Expert Forum User

Pretty sure I have seen this at Michaels too.
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

just out of curiousity can you get a mix anywhere to make additional ones. i love that idea for alot of ppl. buy one for that price and if the mix is cheap i can make a few more real cheap! awesome xmas ideas.

Expert Forum User

I think Regal has them in some shape or form! The brunch place on HWY 4 just North of the city has Regal stuff in it, and the lady sells it. Maybe give her a call and see if she has a kit in the store for you to look at? I think her name is Caroline. (Kozy Kafe is the name of the place, or something like that).

That is our idea We made some a couple years ago and you can buy more concrete to make them, we just used the Wrong stuff and now mine is cracked. You have to buy Quickrete with nylon in it so they dont crack. Also discovered that you can buy the stuff pre made in a bucket....way easier!!!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

thanks koolnurse i repped you.

Expert Forum User

I worked for Lee Valley Tools for a few years and I am currently on extended leave now until 2012. I can look into what is happening with the stepping stone kits. Some times they take them off the shelves for a product recall and reintroduce them in a couple of months after they have resolved the problem. I still have the inside scoop on things even though I have not worked since 2007. There are no Lee Valley stores in the States even though we ship to the US.

I can ask some of my co-workers and see what is going on with the kits and let you know at the end of the week.
    Granola is a Mum to 2 wonderful boys

Quote Originally Posted by “Granola“ View Post
    I worked for Lee Valley Tools for a few years and I am currently on extended leave now until 2012. I can look into what is happening with the stepping stone kits. Some times they take them off the shelves for a product recall and reintroduce them in a couple of months after they have resolved the problem. I still have the inside scoop on things even though I have not worked since 2007. There are no Lee Valley stores in the States even though we ship to the US.

I can ask some of my co-workers and see what is going on with the kits and let you know at the end of the week.
    Any word from Lee Vally yet? I'll be doing some new stepping stones for this Christmas too and wanted to buy a kit.
    Used to be momtoJ&T but that was too boring.

Expert Forum User

My co-worker had to call the head office in Ottawa to see what is up. I should have a word in a couple of days. I will PM you momtoJ&T as soon I hear back. They are getting ready for a huge woodworking show so things are very hectic.

Expert Forum User

I found out today from Lee Valley that the stepping stone kits have been discontinued indefinitely. The last kit sold was in May. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you why as that is as that is staff priviledged information but if they can fix the problem they may bring them back into stock in the future. Helps to have connections still at work.

Sorry I could not be more help. I guess you will need to find alternative solution. Perhaps the States have a better selection of alphabet that you can match up to the Lee Valley stepping stone kit you already have.

I will PM you as well just in case you do not check this thread this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast