Default communication from the ex's new partner

Does anyone receive letters from their ex's partner - like this girl writes letter that he dictates to her, then signs his name or she just writes the letters herself and signs his name. Also there have been a couple of typed notes, one from her threatening that they will fight for joint no matter how long it takes and no matter what it takes (then why did he sign off on joint less than a year ago!!?) AND she has also sent another typed note and ex signed it (he can't type, spell or form thoughts into sentences that are used in this letter).

Anyone else have constant communication from the girlfriend and never the ex? I said to my lawyer if this girl was not involved, we wouldn't be going to court or having any issues - he sees his kids regularly ... she eggs him on for this fight I think (not that he isn't responsible too believe me I know him! But he would never make this effort)

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

What does your lawyer say about this? Is the custody deal not between you and the father, not her? I don't understand why she's involved at all.

the lawyer tends to agree that we would not be dealing with issues at all if she were not in the picture
    it is between him and i - she has really involved herself to the point where she is controlling the situation on his side, and its not doing the kids any good or me for that matter - taking away a lot of cash from the kids, i have to pay a lawyer so there are certain things i cannot afford to get them into right now (extra curricular wise)

I will not now or ever deal with an exes new partner nor do I expect my ex to deal with new partner.

That said tell your ex outright that you are saving all the letters to be used in court and that you are reuqesting she stop communicating with you and if she doesnt bring it up at your next court date.

well i do have them all - i'm sure he knows too - i have requested my lawyer advise his lawyer that there is to be no communication between us unless its between the lawyers - its really frustrating and insulting - her attacking my parenting and threatening me

i guess it won't look too good will it - i don't respond to this notes/letters, i just keep them

no it wont look for him at all but you would suprised at how many people dont think you will keep the notes I told my ex at least 10 times I documented each and every call he was still shocked in court when I quoted his words as stated by him with the date

I agree with keeping track of all of it. There's no reason for her to be involved at all, and they will be unable to deny it's her handwriting. He will lose out in the end.

Our situation is a little different as we are nearly 5 years into it. DH was married previously and has a DD.

DH and EX could not get along and constantly fought. All this was doing was making things difficult to arrange visits and make things go as smoothly as possible.

I finally got sick and tired of it because neither BM (birthmom) or DH were putting SD (stepdaughter) first, it was all about hurting each other. I finally e-mailed both of them, the same e-mail, saying that things had to stop between them and they needed to get their priorities straight and put SD first. I posed the idea of me doing the communication with BM and since then things have gone wonderfully.

The reason for my post is to say that communication between SM and BM can work out if that's what needs to happen. I don't let BM get to me the way DH does and she doesn't know how to push my buttons the way she does DH.

yes we use merrymount for this type of thing, mediation of times for visits etc - communication regarding the children only to be passed, as he has tried to pass me notes that were not regarding the children or were intimidating/insulting/harrassing, they won't pass those things so its really so helpful to me and the kids