Default Sleeping arrangements

What kind of sleeping arrangements do your kids have when they go to see their father? I have three kids under age 5 yrs and they all sleep in one bedroom (girls and boys) and they are in bunkbeds. I have recently become aware of the fact that the safety guidelines in Canada state a child under the age of six years old should NOT be put in the top bunk. Any thoughts?

Administrator Site Admin

I personally wouldn't have a problem with it

My 4 year sleeps on the top bunk whenever he wants too

I also wouldn't have a problem with 3 kids sharing a room either and we have done that from time to time as needed as well.
    Leslie

i guess i have an issue with it because i think two 2 yr olds and a 4 yr old getting to sleep in one room is next to impossible - if they were older i wouldn't have an issue - is my one was 6 i wouldn't mind him going on the top bunk, and if the 2 yr olds were older, and didn't need naps or have problems getting to sleep it would be a lot easier - my one has not slept thru the night since she was born either...which makes it more difficult - they are not getting the rest they need at this age when they have spent the night there

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

the way the courts will see it is its a room and they have a bed too bad. sorry but even at older ages the courts dont make them seperate rooms for opposite sex kids.
    Guidelines are guidlines they are not set rules or laws

my dd was allowed to see her dad who after he moved admited to using a large closet for her room and it was acceptable becasue it was no different than a small room.

wow are you KIDDING me!!! OMG!!!

what do you think the bunk bed issue would be? if there are safety guidelines why shouldn't he have to follow them?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

becasue its only a guidleline and not law they cant do anything you cant be forced to follow a guidline

Expert Forum User

Default sleeping

Well my ex still lives in the house we shared, so the kids still have their own rooms with all their stuff in it, since I didn't take anything when I left besides my kids!! So I have no issues with the sleeping arrangements at their dad's house.