Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default Thomas the Tank Engine Tour in St. Thomas-Update on event

Anyone attending this year? I will be there for my 2nd year of volunteering. Make sure you come and say "hello!"
    Proud mom of 3 wonderful children

Expert Forum User

Can you give us more details about this? DD is "choo-choo" crazed!

mumtobelle

Our tickets came in the mail last week, Belle is going to flip when she see's Thomas

Expert Forum User

The Thomas the Tank Engine ride the rails tour is coming into St. Thomas the last two weekends of July. Friday Saturday and Sunday both weekends. There are crafts, train tables, tattoos, souvenir booth and a life sized Thomas the Tank Train. Its eyes move!!! Tickets were available for 18.00+charges per person and under 2 is free I believe. We've gone the last two years. My son is not going this year, but I am volunteering both Sundays because I had so much fun last year. Any other info, please ask

Where can you buy tickets? And what are the hours to ride the train? Not sure if hubbie is on holidays that week or the week before. If he is on holidays we are going for sure!!

Tickets are selling out fast! We couldn't get the time we wanted because they only had 1 space left!!! We're going 10 am on Sunday, July 22nd. Our tickets came in the mail last week. Ava will flip! She LOOOOVES Thomas! Do we REALLY need to get there an hour in advance? Can't we check out the sites after the train ride?

Here's the link for those of you who haven't bought tickets:
    www.ecrm5700.org. or
    www.thomasandfriends.com
    I bought some extra for Friday July 20th, if my friend doesn't want them, they are up for grabs! I will ask her tonight.
    If your kids are into Thomas or trains in general than they should have a good time. I wouldn't go unless they are really into it as the tickets are $18! We went last year and had a blast. I can't wait to take my DS#1 as he is now 3 and will enjoy it even more!
    We are going to the Saturday, July 21st 10am one with Jacobsmom. Where are you going to be out_in_the_boonies_mom? We will have a look out for you!
    Formerly Mega Baby Mom:
    Mother of 2 boys born May 2004 and September 2006!

"I don't pretend to have all the answers. I don't pretend to even know what the questions are. Hey, where am I?"
    ~ Jack Handey

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Baby Mom
    We are going to the Saturday, July 21st 10am one with Jacobsmom. Where are you going to be out_in_the_boonies_mom? We will have a look out for you!

That we are!!! I can't wait! It will be my first time and I can't wait to see the excitement in Jacob's eyes!
    Mom to DS - 9.5 years old
    AND

mumtobelle

Quote Originally Posted by AvaMama
    Tickets are selling out fast! We couldn't get the time we wanted because they only had 1 space left!!! We're going 10 am on Sunday, July 22nd. Our tickets came in the mail last week. Ava will flip! She LOOOOVES Thomas! Do we REALLY need to get there an hour in advance? Can't we check out the sites after the train ride?
    I tried to get tickets for the 11 am ride on the same day and there was only one left. We are going the following Sunday, the 29th at 11. I am actually looking forward to it, or more looking forward to watching my daughter

Thanks for the links Mega Baby Mom. I have been reading that there is stuff to do other than ride the train. What kind of stuff. And like asked before. Do you have to come early or can you walk around and do the stuff after?

I would try to go a bit early just because of parking, crowds etc. We went last year and had a really good time. The train ride is kind of cheesy, you back up for about 10 min and then go back to the station. Malcolm loved it though. It was super hot, try and get in a car that has open windows. And there is lots to do after the train ride too. They had tatoos, face painting, a little blow up train slide that the kids loved. Lots of other model trains set up. We didn't get to meet Sir Topham Hat, the line up was huge and Malcolm would have been scared of him anyway. And there is time between each train ride to have your picture taken with Thomas. You can take your own picture or have their photographer take it. And there is a tent set up where you can buy anything you can imagine with Thomas on it.
    Lori, Momma to Malcolm and Ben

Quote Originally Posted by yummymommy
    Thanks for the links Mega Baby Mom. I have been reading that there is stuff to do other than ride the train. What kind of stuff. And like asked before. Do you have to come early or can you walk around and do the stuff after?
    I would recommend getting there at least 1/2 hr earlier than the train ride. The train leaves as the exact time on the ticket and does not wait for anyone. 1st you have to find parking and you don't want to get to late on the train as the good seats fill up fast. Last year we got there just in time and were not able to sit together with the in-laws (darn!). I think they gave us a song book for the train ride. Once the train ride is done, you can roam around the festivities. Also they give you this passport thingy when you come in, please keep hold of it as they stamp stuff on it for the kids. I lost mine, fortunately I was still allowed to get the tattoos and such. I guess this is how they keep track of people taking too much of each activity. I wouldn't expect to spend more than a couple of hours there. I am planning on going to Pinafore park afterwards as they have a splashpad. Hope you have fun!
    Formerly Mega Baby Mom:
    Mother of 2 boys born May 2004 and September 2006!

"I don't pretend to have all the answers. I don't pretend to even know what the questions are. Hey, where am I?"
    ~ Jack Handey

Expert Forum User

I'm not 100% sure where I'll be this year. But I will be there both Sundays all day long! I am young, heavyset with blond hair and glasses. Last year I was supposed to be in the tattoo booth with the tattoo crazy old ladies, then I was moved to the imagination station to help with crafts and then switched over to the rails. I rode Thomas all day long. They mentioned the tattoo booth again this year, but I won't know until I get to the training night. I'm coming from 45 mins away to volunteer, simply because they needed the help and I had so much fun last year!

I would definitely get to the train 1/2 hr before you are supposed to ride. Some of those cars(which are plain looking train cars) do not have windows and it does get hot. Plus they pack the trains. Its sort of crazy. The reason last year the train went the route it did was because of something with CN Rail. It has been different the last two years. They do give out song sheets and they play Thomas music on the train. They also give out certificates at the end.

You can spend as much time as you want there. If your train ride isn't until 1:00pm, you don't have to show up then, you can come in the am and do all the stuff or wait until after the ride to do the activiites. The committee tries to add new Thomas things every year. Once I get a list of the activities, I'll pass it along to you ladies.

The passport thing is supposed to be fun for the kids. At the end if they hand it in they give them a small prize or something. You can spend as much time at an activity as you want. However the tattoo ladies last year were nuts and refused to give out more than one tattoo(long story about that one) So try to do that one at the beginning of your visit if you want a particular train tattoo.

Sounds like I might get to meet some of you ladies!! If you have anything else you want to ask, please feel free

Also, the last two years, the sponsor has been Wendys and they have given out coupons for free burgers, french fries or frostys at the end, so keep a watch for those.

Awesome! We have tickets for Jul 22nd at 9am yikes its gonna be an early morning lol

Wow, thanks for all the info, out_in_the_boonies_mom, that's really helpful!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast