Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default Passing off his time with the kids, to spend time with GF and her kids

I am putting this in the single parenting section, cause I am sure there are alot of single parent's going through this, and I thought you would help me help my children better!! (Even though I am no longer a single parent)

My ex was to have the kids Wednesday at 8pm till Sunday at 8 (for my 14 year old), and Wednesday at 8pm for the other 2. Well he gave all 3 children to his mother on Friday morning for 3 days!! so he only spent one day with his 14 year old, he had to come home early cause he starts high school tomorrow!!

My ex gave his mother the children, cause his girlfriend wanted to take her children to some air show!! And he only has a 5 seater vehicle, so he ditched his kids to take his GF's kids, when he only got a 7 day vacation time with the children before they started school!!

My children are very upset, does anyone have any advice for me to help my children??

Banned

I'm sorry for your kids.

We often got ditched so my step-mothers kids could go places and we only seen our Dad once a year for a month in the summer. They went every other weekend.

I don't have any answers but I can totally sypathize with your kids.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Aww I'm so sorry you and your kids have to go through that, I totally know where you are coming from!! Did they at least have fun at Grandma's?
    Someday he'll realize what he missed out on, and someday the kids will realize...
    Sorry, I have no advice but I'll be watching the thread for advice... (Like when DS realizes today was sunday and he was suppose to go to his daddy's for the day, but daddy didn't show up or call...)

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

I'm sorry, I don't have any advice either. But I can sympathize with you

maybe your ex should by a bus, that way no excuses lots of seats.
    not nice, poor kids. your sons starts highschool already. O lucky u.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    maybe your ex should by a bus, that way no excuses lots of seats.
    not nice, poor kids. your sons starts highschool already. O lucky u.
    Yep orientation week!! They show them around the school, meet the teachers, figure out how to work their locks and go from their lockers to the classroom, and sign them up for activities. My other 2 kids start September 1st.

I am sorry your kids had to deal with this...and you too!!

aww i“m sorry to hear that...been there.....my ex sees his kid every other week for an hour and half the time dosen't show up....

I feel so bad for thr kids...i really have no advice for you my kids are younger so i try to do something else with them to get there minds off of it.....

Expert Forum User

What a selfish ass!!! Men can be such pigs. I have total sympathy that your kids - to have to put up with that crap!!

Ekkk that's awful. I was once talking to my councelor about my step daughter, and she said, it was okay to love her differently (from my own) that if there was a huge fire, people would grab their own children first.
    The more I thought about it, I agreed. It's just the way it is. I would never ditch my kids. Well, really I wouldn't ditch my step daughter either. Your ex seems to be way confused over priorities and what does that say about the new girls, that she thinks it's okay? Perhaps she should have taken her kids alone to the air show and him something fun with his kids.
    I guess I would only say, have someone available for your kids to talk to. Not just mom, but a third party, you know? Things like this can really hurt them and have long lasting effects if left unaddressed.

Expert Forum User

That's shite in my opinion and I know a few kids that go through that with their Dad's when they enter into a new relationship. I am not really sure how you could make them feel better about their Dad and his actions. I am sorry that they are going through this.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by TWOBABYBEANS View Post
    that if there was a huge fire, people would grab their own children first.
    Actually, in tests and other “controlled“ environments - people are most likely to grab the youngest, smallest or weakest person to help out of a fire. There is a book about the decisions of “who“ to save during natural disasters in third world countries.

Sorry to hear this...i guess really the only thing you can do is talk to him about it...says when he has the kids thats his time to spend with THEM whether that includes the gf and her kids that's fine but find something they can all do together...whether that means staying at home...i dunno sorry you're going through this i know how hard it is

Not cool. Did your kids notice? How did they feel about it?
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Expert Forum User

That is truly horrible.

If the kids realized why their dad wasn't there (i'm assuming the 14 year had to) you could talk to them about their feelings then write down some things they said and email it to their dad. That way he realizes how he hurt them.
    Hopefuly they think dad had to go to work for 3 days and don't know he ditched them for other kids.

One of the reasons I didnt' try harder to force my ex to have contact with DS was I heard he would commonly not show up for plans with his older boys and didn't want DS to go through that.

I agree with the comment about how does his gf feel that he did that? I have had 3 bf's who have children (1 before i had DS) and have always encouraged them to get them as often as possible and to make plans for all of us so the kids had fun.
    This summer I planned a camping trip with my bf's son and found things for both boys to do together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast