Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default Tell me why I need a J J Cole Bundle me

... or can I live without it?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

you can live without it! I don't even know what the heck that is and I'm still ticking!

You can live without it...but I still love them

Expert Forum User

It would be cute for a gift, but you can live without it!!

I had one given to me and loved it. It saved blankets falling off of your carseat in the blowing cold. My LO was so snuggly in there she slept most of the time.
    However, with that said, I believe Transport Canada does not support using them. Apparently, you are not suppose to use anything that doesn't come with your car seat. How do you buckle little babies in there with a huge coat on? So, use your discretion.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by hopefloats View Post
    I had one given to me and loved it. It saved blankets falling off of your carseat in the blowing cold. My LO was so snuggly in there she slept most of the time.
    However, with that said, I believe Transport Canada does not support using them. Apparently, you are not suppose to use anything that doesn't come with your car seat. How do you buckle little babies in there with a huge coat on? So, use your discretion.
    This is right, you're not technically supposed to put anything in between baby and car seat that doesn't come that way if I remember that right. This includes big heavy coats, I had DS at the beginning of February with quite a bit of winter left and I didn't put him in a big heavy coat, I covered him with a warm blanket and then the warmth of the car kept him warm. In fact, if I'd had him in a big heavy coat he would have been very sweaty, he was even in a sleeper and onesie actually.
    Alicia
    Mommy to Summer, Avery, and Bentley

you can get the same thing from walmart for $15- and it looks great!

and it fits over the top of your seat instead of going between the baby and the seat!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by animalwuman View Post
    and it fits over the top of your seat instead of going between the baby and the seat!
    Those are what we were going to get if we got one at all.

(ETA: we didn't bother b/c he was so warm in the car anyway and wasn't out in his seat in the cold for anything more than the 5 steps from the door to the car which is warm within a couple minutes)
    Alicia
    Mommy to Summer, Avery, and Bentley

Quote Originally Posted by hopefloats View Post

that being said ...the police officer that insepected our car seat recomended it over a coat b/c you can't get the straps tight enough with a coat on....

anyways...personally if you have a winter baby....WELL worth the investment!! once the weather got a little warmer we took the blanket part off and used it just as a seat protector.....again well worth it.

Expert Forum User

We had one and loved it. I know you are not supposed to use them, but nothing is better than not having to bundle you LO in a snowsuit, worry about blankets falling off.......

You can live without it, but it does make life much easier.

Expert Forum User

I had Nov. and Dec. babies and used/loved my similar item. You certainly don't need to pay the JJ Cole price....Once upon a Child always has them, Walmart carries warm fluffy ones for cheaper as well.

I was told by the health nurse that they weren't recommended...but I had no issues with either kid using it.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Expert Forum User

Well I loved mine- I never used it in the carseat, but TONS on walks. Blankets do not work as well as the Bundle Me. I loved the infant one so much I got the Toddler version when he got too big.

Expert Forum User

Not needed.

Shower cap styles are MUCH safer and cheaper too. I would not go against TC recommendations here.

MM
    *sigh*

Breastfeeding Success Essentials:
    SUPPORT ~ EDUCATION ~ DETERMINATION

Beat the "Booby Traps" to Breastfeeding Success!

~The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'~

~Do or Do Not. There is no try.~
    Yoda

I have one from this past winter when my DS was just 5 months old and recently purchased the toddler BundleMe for this fall/winter. I loved the infant BundleMe - especially the Urban BundleMe, which I bought because it is wind- and rain-resistant.

I never had to put a coat/snowsuit on my DS, which is great because they are way too bulky on little ones. I'd just pop him into his bucket seat in his clothes, put his hat on, zip him in, and go. It's true that TC recommends nothing between baby and carseat, though I would choose a BundleMe over a snowsuit anyday. The BundleMe is just millimetres thick, unlike some other car seat 'sleeping bag' style covers - I dont see how it could impact safety.

My opinion: Definitely worth the money, and since they wear well, you can sell it in excellent shape for a good price once you're done with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast