Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    girlsmum

Thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone else was interested in signing up. We have Gail coming on Wed(30th) to do the paperwork, even my teen as she is over age 12 has to have a police check which is fine, "nothing to see here". Hopefully everything will be in place soon.

mumtobelle

All of our paperwork is filled out and signed. We just need to get over and drop off the applications and police check info.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Do you just put the sign up when you are home and remove it when you're out?
    I'm in Windsor but would be interested in being a block parent once we're moved. In my current neighbourhood, it would not be the best idea because we have a fenced in front yard and a huge tree that blocks our windows anyway kwim.
    Anyawy I get kids knocking on my door for drinks, to use the phone etc as it is in this area lol w/out a sign.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Polly

put the sign up when you're in and "available" to help - eg if you're having a nap or having dinner or something. Remember to take it down when you go out. You don't need to worry about it being a signal to burglars because its absence from teh window doesn't mean you're not actually at home.

Thanks to all of you who have applied! The more block parents we have out there, the better the chances of somebody finding help if they need it. I'll be in the office tomorrow (Saturday) from 10-2 if anyone else wants an application, give me a call...661-5855. Tara

girlsmum

Ah, thanks for the reminder,LOL. Gail didn't show up on Wednesday for our appointment at 7 as she had booked with us. I haven't had a chance to phone again to set up another time, been very busy, we waited an extra hour for her to show up, then had to see to other tasks. Not sure what happened there.

OMG, I'm sooo sorry Gail didn't show up. If you pm me your name, I can remind her, but I'm not going in until Tuesday...otherwise give her a call and give her hell.

Patricia,
    I forgot to give Gail hell. I'm not sure if you've heard from her or not, but I'm in the office tomorrow morning and I've emailed myself there to ask her about it.
    Talk to you soon.
    Tara

If you're home an hour or more a week (and who isn't?) you CAN be a Block Parent. The London Block Parent Program will be at the Jalna Public Library on Thurs. Nov 13th from 4:00-9:00, Friday Nov. 14th between 10:00-6:00 and Saturday November 15th between 10:00-2:00. Bring everyone in your home 12 and older to be police screened (it's free) . Just display your sign when you're available and remove it when you're not. It's that easy. Come to the library or call 519-661-5855.
    Tara Kovach-Postpartum Doula
    http://web.mac.com/doulatara

Expert Forum User

Is this program avalible in Mt. Brydges?

The block parent/Neighbourhood watch headquarters is just down the street from me, can I just stop in there for the paperwork?

You can certainly stop by the office. The number is 661-5855. We're there Mon-Thursdays, although quite often there's someone there on Fridays as well. Mondays and Fridays we're there until 8:00. Best to make an appointment or call before you leave as it's a very small staff, and we'd hate to miss you if we're out doing a delivery or a presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by doulatara View Post
    You can certainly stop by the office. The number is 661-5855. We're there Mon-Thursdays, although quite often there's someone there on Fridays as well. Mondays and Fridays we're there until 8:00. Best to make an appointment or call before you leave as it's a very small staff, and we'd hate to miss you if we're out doing a delivery or a presentation.
    Thank you, I will call on Monday.

If you're home an hour or more a week, we need you to be a Block Parent. The London Block Parent Program will be at the Sherwood Forest Public Library on Thurs. Dec 11th from 4:00-9:00, Friday Dec12th between 10:00-6:00 and Saturday December 13th between 10:00-2:00. Bring everyone in your home 12 and older to be police screened (it's free) . Just display your sign when you're available and remove it when you're not. It's that easy. Come to the library or call 519-661-5855.

THANK YOU for starting this thread.
    I heard about it at the library THE DAY AFTER, and didn't know how to become one.

I just called the office and we'll be stopping by this evening to get the process started!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12