Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default bi monthly break down

alright here it is again, the notion that i'm a bad mama because she doesn't sleep through the night. i nurse her down. i co sleep, and we dont' have a scheduale. we have a rough guide line but no scheduale.

so now i'm feeling like this wiil never end and i'm perpetuating some horrible habit that we'll never get out of and maybe i should just let her cry it out...I already did tonight, not everyone in the house having a good break down?

sigh...don't know the point of this thread...just very tired

Expert Forum User

yup. what she said. it's hard, i hear ya.

Expert Forum User

I thought this referred to payroll until I saw the section. LOL

DS is six months, usually still up at least 2-3 times a night and doesn't have a schedule. Well, he might, I don't pay enough attention to know if he goes down at the same time all the time, I just follow his lead.

We all have doubts sometimes, I find they get more frequent as DD gets older, b/c you worry and put so much thought into your decisions you are showing that you are a good mama. *hugs*
    Alicia
    Mommy to Summer, Avery, and Bentley

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

noah is 12mths. he still nurses to sleep most times, he still co sleeps, and doesn't have any time of schedule. He seems to do just fine

eta; and he most definately DOES NOT sleep through the night! lol

You're not a bad mama at all!! Lots of babies are up during the night and if you like co-sleeping and you both get some sleep then what is the problem? I know it took us a bit to transition both kids to their cribs and I'm dreading doing it (my last baby, I like the snuggles) and will put it off as long as possible.

A rough guidline of a schedule sounds good to me. Hell I just follow the baby's lead and eventually they kind of set their own schedule
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

Expert Forum User

You are not a bad mama! We did the exact same thing around here, we co-slept, I nursed her to sleep if that was the only way she would go down, our schedule was basically whatever she wanted to do - we let her sleep and eat whenever. My bff has had her son on a set schedule from the time he was about 2 weeks old and he started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks...bah!!!! I read the No Cry Sleep Solution and it helped for me to write down and see what all of DD's naps were and what time she went to sleep and for how long. I started noticing that her naps were really short so I stopped going out and doing stuff with her for a week or two to make sure she had a nap at the same time everyday - that helped. At 4 1/2 months I let her cry it out (for 5 mins) and then went to get her, the next night it was 6 mins, and the third night she was asleep in 7. I know that this is controversial, but I knew I was starting school and needed my sleep! She still got up once a night during the 1st semester, but it was way better than 2-3 times/night. Sorry this is so long. Hopefully you'll find something that worked for both of you!

You're not a bad mama. I too wonder if I'm doing the right or wrong thing. We're trying to ease off the co-sleeping thing, simply because DS will not sleep. LOL. He stays latched on all night. So we're trying to have him go back in his crib after his awakening in the middle of the night.

However, he still nurses to sleep and I wonder if I've created a monster. He will not go down on his own. Some nights it takes me AAAAAAGES to get him to sleep. So yeah. I feel ya.
    The poster formerly known as Geomamma

Expert Forum User

I feel for you.
    It's soooo hard when you aren't getting sleep.
    Keep following your Mama instincts and get as much sleep as you can - I'm sure co sleeping helps you to get more sleep.
    Just keep repeating this too shall pass.

Formerly Jacksmommy
    Becky ~ Mom to two busy boys, Jack & Ben

~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind~
    ~Dr. Seuss~

I dunno if this makes matter worse or better but C who is almost 2 still doesn't sleep through the night he wonders into our bed half way through the night
    Just saying
    and what people have schedules seriously I so do not and have not lol I am a go with the flow kinda gal
    Becky Mom to X and C

Expert Forum User

you are NOT creating habits that will last! i promise
    i was in your shoes. i cried, i stomped, i whined, i tried EVERYTHING. none of it made a damn difference. all of a sudden he just stopped wrecking my nights and actually slept. he was definately over the age of one.
    his head was wedged in my armpit or on my boob for the majority of the night for more than a year. BUT by the time he was 2 he was in his own big boy bed.
    if it gives you hope, he is now 7 and sleeps like a charm, he has for years. all that co-sleeping night nursing did nothing to detract from his bedtimes now. in fact, i think it helped. bedtimes have never been hellish for us. he has gone down like a charm and stayed down 12 hours for years now. no separation anxiety, no fighting bedtime.
    hang in there babe, it DOES get better, just not always as soon as you want it. eventually these nights will be a thing of the past, and if yours is like mine, you'll have to chase him down just to get a kiss, let alone a cuddle.
    i know it's SOOOO hard. this attention to needs, imo, creates a secure child who never doubts that you are there and life is safe. it's tough to do, but wow, what a gift for life!
    ~"Just because I have strong opinions, does not mean I judge. Do not mistake passion for judgment. For you might find you are the one doing the judging". ~ Unknown

ooh, i'll jump on this bad-momma train too! i was just thinking about looking into night weaning after my 'restful' night last night. M was up 4x between 12-6am.

i'm full of cliches at night:
    hang in there PC!
    this won't last forever PC!
    i am being a good mama!

geo, you said exactly what i've thought about soo many days about creating a monster.
    My little man was born on Oct 12/08 at home into Dad's loving hands.
    My little lady was born on July 28/11 at home... Daddy was busy keeping mom company.

I have 1 baby Santa Suit for Sale 0-3 months (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/vbclassif...&memberid=2201) or to Trade (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/104323-tr...it#post1592622). Thanks for looking!

Expert Forum User

Pretty sure your not creating the problem...I've got a bottle fed, crib sleeper who is up minimum 3times a night too.

I'm currently trying to read The No Cry Sleep Solution, but honestly I hate the idea of rearranging my entire family life to stick to his routine. I try when I can.

The other book I read and posted about (lol too sleep deprived to remember it already) was the best one I'd read. It didn't tell me what to do, just reminded me to let baby lead the way.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Expert Forum User

I'm in the same boat too. My 6 month old is up at least 5 times a night for the boob. Or maybe i just put him on the boob because it quiets him down but never for long.

glad you asked that question, I was wondering the same thing. DD cosleeps with us and wakes several times a night.
    [URL="http://lilypie.com"][IMG]http://lbff.lilypie.com/0wMjm5.png[/IMG][/URL]

Expert Forum User

I am right there with you mine is getting close to a year and she was up 5 times last night. She slept through the night twice two weeks ago but since then we seem to be backtracking on the night nursing. I am having a really hard time getting her to go down for her naps, and go to sleep at night. Hang in there and do what works for you right now it can't last forever. Right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast