Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default pregnancy weight gain

Ughhh....I weight now at 20 weeks pregnant, what I did a delivery with my first child....so depressing

Mabey I just feel yucky cause it is so hot an summer time is even hotter during pregnancy. I guess I just feel huge already and I still have a few months to go!!!With my dd#1 i got preggers just after our wedding (where I was in the best shape), I think this time I just never lost all my baby weight.
    Please tell me Im not the only mama feeling this way.

I know Its all worth it in the end though

I weigh right now what I did at delivery with my 1st and I'm not pregnant....

You're not the only mama feeling this way.
    mama to 3

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Good grief, if I ever weigh again what I weighed when I gave birth to my first I better be expecting twins!

Although, I'm cruising that way right now. 16weeks and 16lbs already. Ugh. I blame my full blown addiction to macaroni and cheese. Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    Good grief, if I ever weigh again what I weighed when I gave birth to my first I better be expecting twins!

Although, I'm cruising that way right now. 16weeks and 16lbs already. Ugh. I blame my full blown addiction to macaroni and cheese. Evil.
    hmmm, Im not having twins. I am pretty petite build I think Im the only one who notices.

I have gained 20 lbs already and I hate it. I mean, I like it when it goes on my belly but not everywhere else. I almost cried the other day when DH said to me “I wish you understood how beautiful you are right now“. I don't feel that way. I'm lucky to have him. I am very anxious to get rid of the excess weight though once baby is born

Expert Forum User

Ok, this makes most people feel better........ I gained 70 lbs with each pregnancy!!!!
    I still have a lot of that weight on, and Katherine is 15 months old now!
    Danielle
    Mom of 4

Quote Originally Posted by Little Reese View Post
    I guess I just feel huge already and I still have a few months to go!!!With my dd#1 i got preggers just after our wedding (where I was in the best shape), I think this time I just never lost all my baby weight.
    Please tell me Im not the only mama feeling this way.
    Not alone at all

I have my good moments where I feel beautiful and sexy looking at my expanding belly. Then at times I feel down, catching glimpses of old stretch marks resurfacing, dry skin appearing, thighs expanding, scale climbing upwards ect.... uggggg!!!!

No one sees it like we do though. We are are own worst critics.

With my first I gained 60lbs. One month after I delivered I had to squeeze into a size 18 bridesmaid dress. I'd say it took me a good 3 years after having my first to get the weigh off and back into a size 8. However I didn't diet or exercise though. I think I could of got it back a lot quicker if I had given it some effort. Giving our bodies over to pregnancy is temporary, with a great pay off in the end...A CUTE BABY! Theres options to getting are pre-baby bodies back (or pretty close to it) with a little discipline and sweat.

Just keep looking at the finish line. Beautiful baby in your arms is just around the corner

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I weigh 10 lbs more than when I had my first and I actually LOST weight during my last pregnancy - lol.
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Don't be hard on yourself, you're providing a safe environment with lots of nourishment for your baby.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

gained about 70 with my first and 50+ with my second. don't worry too much, weight can be lost...
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

Expert Forum User

I gained 40 with DS, 20 of it by 20 weeks. I was pretty morose. However, it only took 4 months to get it off and now I'm down 10 lbs from where I started despite eating an insane amount of food. Thank you breastfeeding!

[/url]

This is only my first and I've gained about 25 so far with 2 months to go... I just keep thinking... what's put on can be taken off with a little hard work

Jenelen ... you made a comment about breastfeeding adding in the weightloss? I've never heard this before but it's encouraging with my plan to breastfeed! Do you know why it happens/helps?

Expert Forum User

Same boat here.

I know it'll be worth it in the end, but sucks dealing with feeling big now.

Expert Forum User

I seemed to put on a lot of weight in my first trimester and worried that it would spiral out of control, but that's not been the case at all, as it slowed right down to a steady pace.

I'm surprised at just how comfortable I am to be heavier, and especially so once the bump became obvious. Saying all that, I have a strong desire to be slim again once the baby is out!

Expert Forum User

I weigh 5 lbs more than I did when I delivered my daughter 6yrs ago and I still have 8.5 weeks togo.

I wouldnt worry about the actual pounds you are gaining, as long as you are on track with this one!

You have all the time in the world to work on your weight later. Als you can do is control now and take care of that growing baby!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast