Expert Forum User

Default Morning noon and night sickness

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope. I am sick all the time and I am on Dilectin. Some days are good and I don't throw up or feel sick until the evening. Other days it is all day long. I have missed alot of work because I have a job were you can't be sick and have no energy. I am almost 11 weeks so I hope that it is almost over. I was sick with my ds but not this sick. Help.

Expert Forum User

I was on diclectin until the day I gave birth and was also admitted to the hospital for hyperenemisis (sp?) which is severe morning sickness. I also missed 3 weeks of work so I completely feel for you!! It is very hard to handle being sick all of the time. One thing FOR SURE, is to make sure you consciously keep hydrated as being dehydrated (from throwing up so much) is what landed me in the hospital. If you are throwing up, only take tiny sips of water or gatorade (don't try to down a whole glass because it will just come back up again). The other thing I had to do was to constantly eat every hour. Just little snacks (I was sick of crackers VERY quickly!) but if I didn't have something in my stomach, I would start feeling much worse. Also try to limit the amount (don't eat a big meal, just tiny ones throughout the day). I also stayed away from the kitchen in general (my DD cooked and I sometimes had to stay in our bedroom until he was finished because the smells were too much). I'm sorry I can't give you more advice than that. How many times do you take diclectin a day? Apparently they upped the amount you could take a few years ago but my family doctor didn't know (my OB showed me the research and upped my prescription.) It's something you could ask the doctor...
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

Senior Member Madie&Logan's Mom's Avatar

I'm sorry. I feel your pain.

Diclectin was my saviour.
    ~Christine~

Mom to Madison Anne (5) and Logan Douglas (2)

Old East, in my garden. Behind the purple door.

Ginger root tea. It can help calm a queasy tummy.
    Lindsay
    YouSupporting You On Your Journey From Belly 2 Baby www.bellies2babies.com
    Emillia - Midwife Hospital Birth Jan 2006, Nursed 26 months.
    Terran - Midwife Home Waterbirth Aug 2008. Nursed 14 months.
    Ryker - Midwife Home Waterbirth April 2010. Yes, I am still nursing!