Expert Forum User

Default How do you guys deal

with this heat and humidity?? I honestly cannot stand it. We have no air conditioning in here and it's driving me nuts

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I remember the summer I was pg with ds was very very hot, and we hadn't gotten an a/c yet. I spent a LOT of time in lukewarm baths. And sleeping in front of a fan, at all times. Hard to do with lo's but necessary to cope. Do you have shady area(s) where you can fill up a little pool and get in it with your kiddies for some fun? Hang around a mall during the worst part of the day? Visit friends with central air!!!!!

Expert Forum User

I don't know how you do it, Mrs_Williams....I live for my central air! Although I agree with amyunicorn - visit friends with A/C or spend some time during the hottest part of the day at the mall/library/anywhere with AC!!

oh we only have fans, and it does work for most of the time! But right now im dying, i dont know what im going to do i have about 1 month left!!!!! anyone want to let all the preggo moms take over a house with a/c? LOL jk
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Expert Forum User

Oh that's a great idea Bensmommy! Taking over a house with A/C! lol!
    I do try to make it in the pool a couple times a day but Liam doesn't always feel like it so when he doesn't i'm stuck here sweating my butt off

aw that sucks, we might go to the slash pad tomorrow with Benjamin! When we move back to the house we have a/c i should have alot of you over and have a preggo a/c party!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Expert Forum User

We were cheaping out on the AC during that hot spell in May... We live in a 1.5 storey home with black shingles and all of 2 windows on the 2nd floor - it gets really roasty

1. Clothing optional, the only item of clothing I would wear in the house was some form of shorts or panties... either a sportbra or topless. I guess most women probably wouldnt feel comfortable doing that but since its just me and my hubby right now - why not? Drawing the blinds not also keeps neighbours peering eyes away but also helps with the sun beaming in.

2. Baby powder on all areas that chaff.

3. Stay well hydrated - be aware you are loosing more then just water so you might want to rotate gaderade.

4. Eat alot of icecream (and other frozen treats)

5. Fans and natural airflow.

6. Stay off the leather furniture - the solid wood dining room chairs were alot more comfortable during this period

7. Eat less more often - I tried to stick with more fruits and veggies

8. We moved all electronic devices to the basement - computers generate ALOT of heat.

I'm sure I could think of more....but my poor hips hurt.