Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Wow, I'm annoyed - updated with link added!

Sometimes I can't believe the incompetence of some people! As anyone reading here regularly would know, I am co-owner of a house in downtown London that I haven't lived in for almost 2 years and is now up for sale after extensive renovation. It has been up for sale since January but we knew it would take a while to sell because it's quite expensive. Anyway, today I was at DD's nursery school graduation and someone was asking me about the house so I told them I would e-mail them the link to the MLS listing. I come home and look it up and HOLY COW! All the inside pictures have been removed (and we had on there the pictures of the rooms that we had completely renovated and were totally finished) but even worse than that - for some reason the picture of the outside is the picture of the house from when we bought it 3 years ago!! It used to be a Sororoity house and when we bought it it was painted white, and you could see where eggs had been thrown at the house and never washed off, and the lettering of the Sorority was still on the outside - THIS is the picture on MLS after we have sunk about half a million dollars into renovating the house?! No wonder no one is coming to look at it!! Needless to say we were on the phone right away and what do we get from our guy? "Oh, that must have been my secretary." Ummm, I think for the amount of money that you could make from this deal the very least you could do is check the listing once it goes into the system. I'm so mad I could spit!!

Zoo
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I'd switch agents. I've never, EVER trusted someone who will blame their assistant for anything. It shows a distinct lack of character.

Expert Forum User

Is this the old Gamma Phi Beta house? I have been there in my university days! Thats the only white soroity house i can think of
    Mom to DS - 9.5 years old
    AND

Expert Forum User

I agree with Zoo - change agents ASAP. I know a good one...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsmom
    Is this the old Gamma Phi Beta house? I have been there in my university days! Thats the only white soroity house i can think of
    That's my house!! I think half of London has been in there at some point!

Expert Forum User

No way...that is sooo totally cool! Did you buy it right after they went under? I want to see what it looks like now! I only saw it when it was a sorority house!

They were busted for drugs and shut down by headquarters. lol
    AND

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsmom
    No way...that is sooo totally cool! Did you buy it right after they went under? I want to see what it looks like now! I only saw it when it was a sorority house!

They were busted for drugs and shut down by headquarters. lol
    Yup, we bought it from the Sorority. Everyone keeps telling us what naughty girls they were! We even had the Bishop come over from across the street and tell us! Like I said I'm not living there right now but I can arrange for you to have a look through if you want!! Just let me know when!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo
    I'd switch agents. I've never, EVER trusted someone who will blame their assistant for anything. It shows a distinct lack of character.
    ITA with you Zoo! I've never trusted one who will pass the buck. There was a screw up the agent must accept responsibility, regardless of who's error it was. Who's name is on the sign out front of the house anyway.. the agent or the secretary?
    ~LBG

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Talk about incompetence... I'd be po'd. I'm sure it will sell now that you can get the correct photos up, under a new agent!!

Expert Forum User

I agree...get a new agent! I am working with an amazing one right now!

I remember we used to joke that the house was haunted!!!
    That was the rumour around campus! It sounds like you did wonders to it!
    AND

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I agree find a new agent! Good Luck!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Banned

Once you getthe pictures straigtened out post the link I would love to have a look on line.

i also agree with PP get a new agent

Expert Forum User

Default Wow, I'm annoyed

Wow, I would be mad too. Are they going to put the correct pictures up now?

I know that with contracts you can't just switch agents, so I hope that they can satisfy your needs. If they give you any problems, I think that I would ask that under the circumstances if they can post it with a new MLS # that way it is more like a new listing and it comes out in the dailys again. Needless to say with a new curb picture as well.

Banned

OK, over a week later it is FINALLY fixed.

Here's the link for those interested:

http://www.mls.ca/PropertyDetails.as...ertyID=5860249

mumtobelle

What a beautiful place Alison. I am sorry it has been such an ongoing cause of stress for you. Hopefully now that the MLS is updated you'll get some bites. It's really a one of a kind place. Makes me wish I had $800 000+ dollars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast