Krista

Default resources for baby stuff - ahh I have nothing

Thank you for all the resources and help its appreciated. I wonder is there an area in these forums that would be best to offer things not needed anymore that others might need at whatever stage. I will have maternity type things to offer shortly and id like to pass stuff on to whoever would need it.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

Check out Freecycle. Keep an eye out for garage sales. Talize, Value Village, and Goodwill often have lots of baby items. Remember, your baby won't care if s/he's wearing brand names or being pushed in a new stroller as long as you love her!

If you have a washer you could try using cloth diapers to save money. The very cheapest way to do this would be to buy receiving blankets used for like 75 cents each and learn to fold them, and then to try to find some covers used. There are other ways to do it cheap too, but that would be the very cheapest. LMK if you want more info on that.

Can you sew? If so you can buy used t-shirts for adults and use them as fabric to make clothes for the baby, which tends to be cheaper than buying fabric new. If you're interested in that, you could even go to Goodwill and ask them about buying clothing by the pound. I can link you to a site that gives easy instructions to make pants out of an adults's t-shirt if you're interested.

Good luck! This is going to be a challenge for you but you can get through it! Maybe you can talk to your older DD about ways she can help you with the baby to help you through this. You are stronger than you know!

ETA: Ask friends and neighbours with little ones if they have any hand-me-downs they can part with. I'm sure they would love to do anything they can to help out!

Think about what you want versus what you need. I know that sounds obvious, but it's sometimes harder than one thinks. You don't need a baby rocker or bouncy chair; you can buy a cheap used infant carseat and remove the base so that it rocks, and put the LO in that. Think outside the box and get creative!

Quote Originally Posted by mamabear
    ETA: Ask friends and neighbours with little ones if they have any hand-me-downs they can part with. I'm sure they would love to do anything they can to help out!
    I am PM'ing you, Krista. And, may I add, from what I've read in some of your previous posts, GOOD RIDANCE to bad rubbish!

mumtobelle

I pm'd you Krista.

Krista

Thank you!!!

I used to sew, and I do have a sewing machine but have long lost how to really it. I was thinking about going cloth diapers too.

Expert Forum User

not sure if you want an bath sling thing, but I have one that I never used. I also was going to suggest freecycle.

do you know what you are having I have girl stuff

Krista

Quote Originally Posted by MrsB
    not sure if you want an bath sling thing, but I have one that I never used. I also was going to suggest freecycle.
    Oh I don't know what a bath sling is, I've checked freecycle out its really good resource sometimes, its also good to get rid of stuff...less unecessary garbage

Krista

Quote Originally Posted by cmhellcat28
    do you know what you are having I have girl stuff
    I don't know what im having unfortunately i wont know until the time comes

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Not maybe one month ago I sold/gave alllllll of my baby stuff away (moving and chances are slim for a #3... reality sucks). So sorry. I hope you can find what you need on freecycle. If it's any help, Facebook has a marketplace as well, where people sometimes post things that are free.

Krista I also wanted to tell you that I will have an exocauser coming up shortly and a Jolly jumper (door hanging one( as well as a baby swing. I will be able to part with these items in the next couple months so if your interested keep my number and we'll set it up when the time comes for those.