Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Crappity crap crap crap (woot solved the problem)

This is the hardest part of dog ownership.

We are going to my dad's trailer for two days, and still haven't made plans for the dog.
    I want to bring her, but my step mom says there is no room (well I am asking again, but that is the hint I got from speaking to her before).
    Because there will be lots of ppl down and their two dogs. I get that. but gah. I hate going places especially in nature without her. Our neighbor that I would trust to take her out, is gone for the week.

I don't want to board her, shes a nervous dog as it is.
    DH says its only for two days (one night), no big deal leave her lots of food and water.
    Last edited by Hep Alien; 08-01-2009 at 09:11 AM.

Feet, why do I need them if I have wings to fly?
    –Frieda Kahlo (1907-1954)

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

umm yeah I wouldn't be leaving her overnight if no one can check on her. I'd just take her with or board her.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Quote Originally Posted by jjsam78 View Post
    umm yeah I wouldn't be leaving her overnight if no one can check on her. I'd just take her with or board her.
    well there in lies the problem, I can't force them to let me take her. And boarding her would be MILES worse then leaving her alone.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

um, no Hep DH, NOT cool to leave a DOG overnight and for two days without someone to let her out and check on her- he seriously said that?

I'd friggin tell my Step-Mom, the dog is coming. It's a trailer for geesh sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by newmum2 View Post
    um, no Hep DH, NOT cool to leave a DOG overnight and for two days without someone to let her out and check on her- he seriously said that?

I'd friggin tell my Step-Mom, the dog is coming. It's a trailer for geesh sakes.
    No, I see where shes coming from. Its not a huge trailer, there will be 15 ppl and two dogs, as it is.
    I cannot tell anyone that I am bringing my dog , thats it. Think about that, if someone did that with my house, I would be pissed. lol.

Expert Forum User

I don't understand how you would leave a dog for two nights - where would it go to the bathroom???

Formerly Jacksmommy
    Becky ~ Mom to two busy boys, Jack & Ben

~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind~
    ~Dr. Seuss~

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmommy View Post
    I don't understand how you would leave a dog for two nights - where would it go to the bathroom???
    Its not two nights, its two days one night. She would most likely hold it. Or go on the tile in the kitchen. Either, way, I donno, now DH doesnt even want to go ..... he honestly thought they would just let us bring and make the leave her home remark kinda flippently. Now hes just mad we can't take her.

Great trip this is going to be.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DH just messaged our neighbor to find out when he will be home from vacation and he will be back Sunday evening!!!
    He can take her out for us NP!

PHEW. I was just going to call and cancel on my dad ...crisis diverted.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Glad someone can look after the dog!! I would have just brought her and had her sleep out side the trailer.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Quote Originally Posted by jjsam78 View Post
    Glad someone can look after the dog!! I would have just brought her and had her sleep out side the trailer.
    would never happen. NEVER. she is a very nervous anxious dog, any sound would have her jumping. I would not leave her outside by herself.

SO glad someone is able to watch her so you can go and not worry!!!!

Personally, I think its cruel to leave a dog to 'hold it' for that long (or go on tile)

Quote Originally Posted by newmum2 View Post
    SO glad someone is able to watch her so you can go and not worry!!!!

Personally, I think its cruel to leave a dog to 'hold it' for that long (or go on tile)
    I dont see how its cruel to allow her to go on tile. I have been gone shopping for 4 hrs before come home to some poop on the tile. I walked her before I left, but she had to go ykwim. I would not force her to hold it ever.
    Would we have left her, no, I was going to call and cancel just when DH thought to double check when our neighbor was coming home. But I know PLENTY of ppl that leave their dogs over night alone, they seem to have no problem with it. Its ONE night, really, it wasn't something I was comfortable with .. but I don't judge those that leave thier dogs for one night harshly.
    When we went camping , we couldn't bring her, so dh took a bus back during our camping trip, just to let her out. When friends found that out they laughed and laughed, lol, like we were crazy dog ppl or something, lol.

I'm not judging what people deem acceptable with their dogs. *I* find it cruel and wouldn't do it with my dog. I couldn't enjoy myself one bit.

I'd be just like your DH, going back to let her out. I wouldn't think thats a 'crazy' dog person
    Anyway, SO glad you got it sorted and didn't have to cancel! Have a great time, you deserve it!

Oh I don't think I could ever leave Ava alone for more than a few hours, she would probably lose her sh*t and tear stuff up. We either bring her or she goes to someone else's house. I'm glad you found a solution so that your pup isn't left all alone.

I have a friend who I call a crazy dog lady. Her dog is paper trained. Meaning he goes in the house on paper. She believes its cruel to force a dog to go outside when its convenient for the owner.... to each their own, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast