Default Looking for a business owner/partner who has a personal connection to the NICU..help?

Hi ladies, I wanted to pick your brains a bit about businesses in London that I can approach for possible sponsorship of a fundraising event that is being planned for this November, in support of the NICU at St Joes and the families that have infants there.

As the event solidifies, I’ll make you all privy to the info, as we’re really excited about it…but in the meantime, we’re looking for businesses to sponsor the event, as well as a Title Sponsor. I have a list started of all the “baby related” stores/businesses locally..but what I’m searching for even more specifically is a business owner/partner who has been touched by the NICU at St’ Josephs in some way..ie) had a child or relative born premature, ill etc…that might be interested in coming on board as title sponsor.

Any suggestions/ideas/contacts? Thanks in advance! You’re all a wealth of info 

Our son Ryan was born in November, 2004 at St. Joe's. He was born at 25 weeks. Anyways my DF works at McCormick Canada. (which is the spice place they make club house etc.) Anyways I know the year that Ryan was born they raised money for the NICU. You could try and call them and see if they would be interested. Anyways here's the telephone number (519) 432-1166

ETA I would to hear more about the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
    Our son Ryan was born in November, 2004 at St. Joe's. He was born at 25 weeks. Anyways my DF works at McCormick Canada. (which is the spice place they make club house etc.) Anyways I know the year that Ryan was born they raised money for the NICU. You could try and call them and see if they would be interested. Anyways here's the telephone number (519) 432-1166

ETA I would to hear more about the event.
    Great, Joanna..thanks! This is exactly the sort of thing that I'm looking for. We also had a 25 weeker, last February...who is now going very well. How is Ryan's health/development been?

Quote Originally Posted by laurel View Post
    Great, Joanna..thanks! This is exactly the sort of thing that I'm looking for. We also had a 25 weeker, last February...who is now going very well. How is Ryan's health/development been?
    Ryan was diagnosed with cerebral palsy this past Feb. It is very, very mild. The doctor said that he normally wouldn't diagnose a child with this mil, mild form of it but said that it would help Ryan get the services that he needs for school. His speech is sightly delayed as well as his gross motor skills. Hoever in the last year he has truly come a long way.
    He's been pretty healthy for the most part.

How's your little guy doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
    Ryan was diagnosed with cerebral palsy this past Feb. It is very, very mild. The doctor said that he normally wouldn't diagnose a child with this mil, mild form of it but said that it would help Ryan get the services that he needs for school. His speech is sightly delayed as well as his gross motor skills. Hoever in the last year he has truly come a long way.
    He's been pretty healthy for the most part.

How's your little guy doing?
    Just pm'd you with more info on our daughter and the event..great to hear Ryan is doing well, despite some mild effects of prematurity. We're blessed!

To provide you all with a bit more concrete info on the event, so you can mark your calendars! The fundraising event is happening on Fri November 20th and will be held at Aroma Restaraunt..as an evening, cocktail style event, featuring a “gourmet mini menu“ & “preemie-tinis“, as our theme is “tiny“. Tickets will be sold in advance.

There will be guest speakers ie) families who have been touched by the NICU, as well as a Neonatologist. There will be a silent auction, raffles, prizes, entertainment and many “mini“ things for sale, as well.

Proceeds will be split between the NICU and the other half will go directly to families who have infants in the NICU over the xmas season, to help with costs..ie)gas, parking, food, accomodation etc...

A website is in the works right now and poster/details coming shortly. I'll keep you all posted!