Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default I went all mamabear on an aggressive woman at Value Village...

(Not all 'mamabear' like our mamabear LOL).

We were at VV this aft and I let the kids play in the toy aisle for a few minutes to break the shopping cart monotony for them. So Z is down walking and M has some scene with a dollhouse going on and this woman comes up with her cart like she wants to come thru. Well we were in the corner and there were a zillion other ways by apart from right thru our path, so I just kind of ignored her figuring she would go away.

So it's a bit of a blur from there but she catches my eye and says something in a rude tone about she is coming thru, get this junk out of her way. I said to her, 'Can you go around?' She flips out. She was obviously aggressive and I could read that right from the start but I'm not gonna be pushed around by that, yk? So she starts yelling and screaming at me about how I'm not gonna tell her she's in the wrong and she has a right to blahblah. I said, 'I simply asked you a question.' Well she didn't like that, we exchanged some words, and I went back to ignoring her again.

Next thing, she takes her cart and physically rams it into M's toys on the floor, scattering them, coming very close to M, and little Z was down also.

I went OFF. I tell ya. I won't say I 'lost it,' coz I felt very in control. I got FIERCE. Really loud, and I have a BOOMING voice when I want to, seriously. In one motion grabbed Z and stepped toward the woman to block M from her, who ran behind me crying. I said to her, 'HONEST TO GOD. YOU AND I ARE GOING TO HAVE A PROBLEM. YOU DO *NOT* THREATEN PHYSICALLY AROUND MY CHILDREN.' In my deepest loudest voice, I haven't heard that voice outta myself in years.

Shocked the crap out of her, she jumped, and I was glad I found the words to alert people around (the whole place could hear me, honestly) as to exactly what had just gone down to start the scene I created with my voice. She tried to answer me back and I told her to get away from me and my children or she would live to regret it. She skedaddled right quick, I think actually she ended up going thru the toys but I don't think it ended up being worth her while. LOL!

I was concerned she might assault me while I was holding Z and wasn't too sure how I was gonna deal with that, but I'm sure in my adrenaline infused state I would have found a way.

I told M who was crying and asking why she did that, that some people are rude and aggressive, but that mamas protect their kids whenever they need it. She sat in the cart for a minute recovering and then went back to playing.

Got a big adrenaline rush from that one. And now I keep thinking about it. Usually things are so calm and peaceful, that 'mamabear' part of me doesn't need to be activated. But I tell ya, on a primal level, this feels like a reminder that when the situation calls for it, if someone messes with my children I am a force to be reckoned with, powerful and lightning quick.

Anyways... I did find a couple of shirts for my current t-shirt reconstruction fixation.
    Last edited by myrrah; 07-22-2009 at 03:00 PM.
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

hee hee....awesome! Way to go Mamabear

You rock!
    Mama to TWO little sweetie pies!!

M2M

You and your Tshirts.

I have never had to use that part of me, well not yet anyways. Im glad you did though, too many people think they are out of line speaking up and getting loud when it comes to their children. I have seen far too many times when a child gets hurt or spoken to wrongly by an adult or even child they just kid of look like a deer in head lights and take the blame, and move the child, or pretend they didnt see what was happening.

Like yesterday with Markus getting punched in the nose, the mother saw it happen and just turned her head when she thought I couldnt see her watching it happen. Her and I exchanged words, and I decided its not the place to drag on her ignorance.

Good for you for standing your ground!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! eversoclever's Avatar

Holy crap. You are my hero! Glad everyone is OK. What is wrong with some people?

It is good to know that part of us exists if necessary. Not nice to have to use it, but always good to know we can. You go mamamyrrah!
    Mom of 2 girls, unschooler, feminist, runner and just general lover of life.

Need a doula or prenatal classes? www.babeezeinarms.com

"Me thinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."
    - Henry David Thoreau

"
    Children are not our own art products to be turned out well, but their own life work in continual process.” -Jan Fortune Wood"

Expert Forum User

wow good for you! I wish I could have seen that Some people, honestly, she is a child lets scare her cause we are too lazy to choose a different isle.

good for you!

Feet, why do I need them if I have wings to fly?
    –Frieda Kahlo (1907-1954)

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

OMG, WTF! Good for you, I hope she was terrified.

Banned

Good for you....RAAAAWWWR!!! I love it

way to go! sounds like that 'lady' needs more people like you to stand up to her. sorry you had to go through that but you handled it VERY well IMO. Don't mess with Mama Myrrah!

Ahh thanks for the support you guys. I hesitated to post this coz it's a bit dark. But seriously teh powah is there and it is fierce, it feels totally primal.

I couldn't believe she rammed her cart into M's toys! Like a foot away from M sitting on the floor. Insanity.

Don't. Cross. A mama's babies. Fo' serious.
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

Go Myrrah, go Myrrah!! So glad you let lose the mamabear. Hope mine is available at a moment's notice if it ever becomes necessary. I'd be afraid I'd either freeze or just lose it and not be totally in control.
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

Expert Forum User

Good for you
    DS#1 Dec 06
    DS#2 May 08
    DD#1 Oct 09
    DD#2 Dec 10

Quote Originally Posted by aidensmom View Post
    Go Myrrah, go Myrrah!! So glad you let lose the mamabear. Hope mine is available at a moment's notice if it ever becomes necessary. I'd be afraid I'd either freeze or just lose it and not be totally in control.
    Eh, I'm damn sure it's in you, you'd be shocked. Hey take a practice run, go hang out in the toy aisle at Value Village.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast