Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Talkin'bout some FOOTBAAALLLLLLLLL....

Oh yeah, can't wait, going to be a great season this year.... Lots of trades and movement over the summer....

My superbowl prediction...

Manning v.s Manning... Giants vs, Colts... I think they are both going to become more well rounded teams this season, I only see the Steelers and Patriots as contenders in the American Conference.... I don't know how well Brady will do recovering from last seasons rough injury, and while the Steelers are consistent, I think Peyton can toss that ball better than Big Ben who's constantly getting pushed around..

In the Giants division, I really only see Dallas as being a pain in the rear end now that Romo is on the market again (HA HA!), the Bucs and the Cards may be a pain in the butt, but when it comes down to it only Dallas and the Giants have the well rounded offense and defence needed to make some headway...

Your thoughts??

BTW... I don't have team per se, I just like to watch a good game... I am waiting for the Browns to flourish, I think they have a great foundation, and should have gave Romeo one more season, I don't think Mangini will be super useful... but hey.. I'd love to see this team do better... I always love the underdog, and there hasn't been a consistent underdog than the Browns...

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Pro- not so much. College- then I can join in!

Quote Originally Posted by newmum2 View Post
    Pro- not so much. College- then I can join in!
    Really? I've never gotten the allure of the College ranks... I find it hard to be a fan of the players as they only play a few years, it's more about the team/college... That's me though...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    Really? I've never gotten the allure of the College ranks... I find it hard to be a fan of the players as they only play a few years, it's more about the team/college... That's me though...
    agreed. College, doesn't interest me in the slightest, seems all about what college ppl go to more then the actual talent of a team.

A brother vs brother super bowl would be awesome. I don't predict anything this early though, things can change fast from pre season on, (just look at pittsburg last yr).

I think the steelers could be on there way to 7 personally, but who knows what the new season will bring.
    I was born and bred a Raiders fan, and always will be in a way, there are baby pics of me in silver and black (and now baby pics of my daughter in silver and black) even though everyone in my family has a different fave team.
    But since being in the superbowl in 2003, Oakland have been in a huge ass loosing streak, very hard to watch, lol but I still cheer them on.
    I like alot of teams though, The Giants, Browns, Indy, Pittsburgh, Bears.
    I do not like New England, or Buffalo. I cheer everytime New England loses!

Feet, why do I need them if I have wings to fly?
    –Frieda Kahlo (1907-1954)

Oh yeah,. I forgot about KC, all the changes hat happened, are going to be front row and center this season. I would love to see Cassel get the praise he deserves. The kids got skills, I hope this is his season!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Hep Alien View Post
    But since being in the superbowl in 2003, Oakland have been in a huge ass loosing streak, very hard to watch, lol but I still cheer them on.
    We're 49er fans here.....talk about hard to watch

Well, then did pull a few wins out last season at least.

My Dh is a huge football fan.. actually I'd like to get him college tickets for his birthday. I'm kinda dumb in that sense. can you help me?

My DF loves football, (NFL) I actually just bought him tickets to the Bills vs Jets game in Toronto in Dec.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
    My DF loves football, (NFL) I actually just bought him tickets to the Bills vs Jets game in Toronto in Dec.!!!

That's what I think!!! Flippin' Sweet! Someday I will take my son to a game... My wife will go shopping!

DP is a Bears fan, for me the Cardinals and Patriots! Last year was my learning season, lol, as I had never understood football before, DP was a great teacher. I figured it would be fun to learn rather than become a football widow every season, lol, and as I learnt I found myself loving it more and more. I really want to get him tickets to a game this year too!
    Last edited by tracysnest; 01-12-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: New fav team, lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by tracysnest View Post
    DP is a Bears fan, for me the Patriots and Buccaneers! Last year was my learning season, lol, as I had never understood football before, DP was a great teacher. I figured it would be fun to learn rather than become a football widow every season, lol, and as I learnt I found myself loving it more and more. I really want to get him tickets to a game this year too!
    Could you talk to my wife.... I'm trying to convert her to a new “religious experience“ every Sunday!! HA HA!

I think I might have to get a copy of Madden 2010 for the Wii and invite her to play a little bit.

She will watch some of the playoffs, and last year (as well as the year before) she watched the entire Superbowl with me... and I think she maybe even enjoyed it.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I cheer everytime New England loses!
    I did that with the ex he loves that team D calls “the cheaters team“ she will not let him live down they got caught cheating

Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    I did that with the ex he loves that team D calls “the cheaters team“ she will not let him live down they got caught cheating
    Thata girl! They are a really moral less team, even despite the cheating, that was just icing on the cake.

This pic (although 2 yrs old now, lol) is in honour of the game last night! I hope the Raiders continue to play that way.

Expert Forum User

Love football... always into watching a good game... in the NFL I love watching the underdog but since Vaughn Martin signed with San Diego... might be sending some extra cheers their way. I have to agree with PP I think Pittsburgh will make it to the superbowl.

College (USA) so love Penn State.

CFL ~ now we are talking... real football... Saskatchewan Roughriders are the team I am rooting for!!!!

CIS - OUA ~ Western Mustangs... is there any other team!!! Don't miss a game... home games that is!!!!!

so I guess I kind of like football.. maybe a little... ROFL

between that and NASCAR the seasons overlap... it keeps me busy!
    ~ Annie ~
    Mom to 4 (B24, G23, G19, G9)

My Blog: It's just my life...
    Follow me on Twitter: @anniecannie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast