Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by princess2808 View Post
    Leafs fan here Yep - I'll admit it haha

But yes, they do suck and it will probably be fairly similar to every other year. Terrible pre-season to discourage us, pretty good early season just to get the hopes up. Gradual decline to the definate failure point. Finally a run to the finish where they miss out on playoffs by mere points leading to udder failure again..... sounds about right.

That said - I dont care honestly if they win. Sure I'd love for them to win but I'm not shallow enough to base my pick for a team on the wins column.

I'm a Leafs fan too. Ironically, I started watching hockey so that I could enjoy the time “we“ spent watching it...LOL. Now i watch more hockey than he does. I'm a Leafs fan, but I will watch any NHL game that I find.

I was kinda thinking that they haven't done as badly with some of the free agent pick-ups and trades in the last several weeks. more promising than i would have expected, anyway....

i really didn't think i would like ron wilson at all...and i thought burke was a total a**hole...but i'm coming to appreciate his dryness and his willingness to come off as a total a**hole, LOL
    "My mind is going a mile an hour."

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
    I kissed Tie Domi. Hah.

YOu did?? (LOL Danielle!!)

was he a good kisser? lol ... i always heard he was a pretty good guy off the ice. we've seen him around here a few times because of his son's hockey games (often plays against my nephew's team in tourneys). he is short! the first thing that came to my mind was that his leafs' bio was full of s**t!! LOL (I think it had him at almost 6' or something....with skates maybe? )
    "My mind is going a mile an hour."

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by princess2808 View Post
    Leafs fan here Yep - I'll admit it haha

But yes, they do suck and it will probably be fairly similar to every other year. Terrible pre-season to discourage us, pretty good early season just to get the hopes up. Gradual decline to the definate failure point. Finally a run to the finish where they miss out on playoffs by mere points leading to udder failure again..... sounds about right.

That said - I dont care honestly if they win. Sure I'd love for them to win but I'm not shallow enough to base my pick for a team on the wins column.
    YOu could not be more right!!

I love the leafs ssshhhh!!! LOL, growing up I always watched hockey with my dad. we'd cheer for the leafs in the regular season and the habs in the playoffs!! I became more of a habs fan as I got older but after dad died I gravitated back to the leafs!! Okay I never really stopped cheering them on but it was a fun rivalry with my family who are all leaf fans!!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Junior Member doubletroublemoms's Avatar

Um my partner is a HUGE Leafs fan. With them when they were good and still with them when they suck.

I will always be a Canucks fan (yay Vancouver!), despite by many attempts to be converted to a Leafs fan. We have our squabbles here and there.

I always bug her that other than Sundin and Wellwood signing with the Canucks that Toronto has always taken Vancouver's sloppy seconds!! And now Burke. HEHE

We will have a Leafs shrine in our new home, I just know it. But just as well...at least we can keep the hockey stuff confined to one room instead of it being splashed all over the house (and to the car).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12