Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How'bout thems Leafs??....

Allright gents, let's get down to some serious brass tacks here...

Leafs.... Upcoming 2009 - 2010 season... How bad will the stench be emanating from that dressing room.... ?

My thoughts on the smell are this : wet egg salad fart + a 4 day old soiled diaper, found under the car seat on a hot August afternoon (3 pm-ish).... It's gonna be a horrorshow on ice..

IMHO, they should really reconsider getting the Coyotes moved into Copps Colesium before the season starts, at least we'll have a team to watch in this province...

Well, the Sens will do better than the Leafs, but I think the Heatly thing is just gonna be a headache for them to deal with.... And if they could sign a goaltender who could find the puck with both hands, a flashlight and a helper monkey, they'd have a shot...

What say you?
    Last edited by Big Daddy; 07-19-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Well I'm no expert but I've always been impressed with how many optimists there are, the leafs still sell out the stadium! Love to see them, you know, get into the playoffs, but not holding my breath. Even dh has kind of given up hope, he hardly every yells and swears at the tv any more.
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

My dog is Darcy Tucker and my Cat is Vesa Toskala (sp), both named when they were both still leafs, lol.
    So yeah, DH is a fan... big big fan and hates the sens , with a passion.
    He is wishes to makeitseven sometime soon, b/c I think hes kinda given up hope of the leafs winning the cup anytime soon.
    Me I don't care, talk to me when Football season starts.

Super Bowl rematch highlights 2009 NFL preseason schedule

patiently waiting for pre season...

Feet, why do I need them if I have wings to fly?
    –Frieda Kahlo (1907-1954)

Oh, Hep, we's gonna talk pigskin... but let's leave that for it's very own, well deserved thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    Oh, Hep, we's gonna talk pigskin... but let's leave that for it's very own, well deserved thread...
    College 'skins' over here, please!

Expert Forum User

I'm resisting the urge to write something inane and slightly sarcastic about your love of the leafs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    I'm resisting the urge to write something inane and slightly sarcastic about your love of the leafs.
    .... the only thing I love about the Leafs is their consistency to make poor decisions and bad trades season in and season out... for at least the past ten years... and then the 20 before that....

I'm a Devils fan.... they died a heartbreaker Game 7 against the Hurricanes.. terrible way to end a great season for Brodeur... I'd like to see Lou make some better deals, especially since he let Madden and Gionta walk... They've got some great drafts, and some good young players coming through the ranks, I just hope that's enough for Marty to get one more cup win.

Zoo

I kissed Tie Domi. Hah.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
    I kissed Tie Domi. Hah.
    Floozy.

Zoo

Nah, he was a gentleman back then.

Every time I hear about the leafs all I can picture is my D at 5 on a trip to Toronto having a huge a$$ hissy fit in the middle of Kensington Market over needing a Toronto Maple leafs jersey “to fit into Toronto“ LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    Every time I hear about the leafs all I can picture is my D at 5 on a trip to Toronto having a huge a$$ hissy fit in the middle of Kensington Market over needing a Toronto Maple leafs jersey “to fit into Toronto“ LMAO
    .... Ha ha!!!! Did you have to buy one??

When, I was a kid, we went to Maple Leaf Gardens about 4 times over 4 years.... Long trip back them... I've seen the Islanders, the Sabres, the North Stars (of Minnesota) and I think the Blackhawks....

Everytrip I wanted a Jersey, everytrip my dad said no.... So I would buy a pennant instead... of the opposing team! HA HA!! I think that embarrassed him just as much as a Leaf fan...

Leafs fan here Yep - I'll admit it haha

But yes, they do suck and it will probably be fairly similar to every other year. Terrible pre-season to discourage us, pretty good early season just to get the hopes up. Gradual decline to the definate failure point. Finally a run to the finish where they miss out on playoffs by mere points leading to udder failure again..... sounds about right.

That said - I dont care honestly if they win. Sure I'd love for them to win but I'm not shallow enough to base my pick for a team on the wins column.
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    .... Ha ha!!!! Did you have to buy one??

Of course LMAO the guy who owned the store that had them gave us a discount on it too lol.

D has not seen any leafs games though I think for Christmas I may send her and the ex off to a game but I am not taking her thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    Of course LMAO the guy who owned the store that had them gave us a discount on it too lol.

D has not seen any leafs games though I think for Christmas I may send her and the ex off to a game but I am not taking her thats for sure
    .... HA HA.... At least you got a discount!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast