Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default 1.5 million THOMAS the Tank Engine TOY RECALL !!!!

http://rc2corp.com/company/recalls_Wood_0607.asp

Recall of Wooden Vehicles and Train Set Components
    In cooperation with the CPSC, RC2 has issued a voluntary recall on June 13th, 2007, of various Thomas & Friends™ Wooden Railway vehicles and wooden train set components sold at toy stores and various retailers nationwide from January 2005 through June 2007.
    The recall involves only the specific wooden vehicles, buildings and other train set components for young children listed in the chart below. RC2 has determined that the surface paints on the recalled products contain lead. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects.

The front of the packaging has the logo "Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway" on the upper left-hand corner and a manufacturing code may be located on the bottom of the product or inside the battery cover.

Toys listed in the chart below marked with codes containing "WJ" or "AZ" are not included in this recall. No other Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway or other Thomas & Friends brand toys are affected by this recall.

Recalled Product Names Red James Engine & Red James' # 5 Coal Tender
    Red Lights & Sounds James Engine & Red James' #5
    Lights & Sounds Coal Tender
    James with Team Colors Engine & James with Team Colors #5 Coal Tender
    Red Skarloey Engine
    Brown & Yellow Old Slow Coach
    Red Hook & Ladder Truck & Red Water Tanker Truck
    Red Musical Caboose
    Red Sodor Line Caboose
    Red Coal Car labeled "2006 Day Out With Thomas" on the Side
    Red Baggage Car
    Red Holiday Caboose
    Red "Sodor Mail" Car
    Red Fire Brigade Truck
    Red Fire Brigade Train
    Deluxe Sodor Fire Station
    Red Coal Car
    Yellow Box Car
    Red Stop Sign
    Yellow Railroad Crossing Sign
    Yellow "Sodor Cargo Company" Cargo Piece
    Smelting Yard
    Ice Cream Factory

Click here for a full list of images of the specific recalled products.

At this time, there have been no reports of illness or injury as a result of this issue.

Consumers should take the recalled toys away from young children immediately and return the affected products to RC2 Corporation for a replacement product. Consumers must include a completed return form, indicating the item(s) being returned. Return product and completed form to:

In Canada:
    KRG Logistics
    Attn: RC2 Wooden Vehicle Recall
    170 Traders Blvd
    East Mississagua, ONT Canada
    ONT L4Z 1W7
    Canadian Return Form

If you continue to have problems downloading the return form, please contact our customer service department at recalls@rc2corp.com and request that it be emailed to you.

For more information and/or instructions on returning the affected products and obtaining replacements, please contact RC2's customer service toll-free at (866) 725-4407, Monday through Thursday between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. CT and Friday 8 - 11 a.m. CT., by email to Customer Care.
    Mom to DS - 9.5 years old
    AND

Expert Forum User

AND

Expert Forum User

Unbelievable!!!!
    We just gave Michael 3 trains and 2 track sets that have accessory pieces for his bday 2 weeks ago. He is sleeping with Lights and sounds James who looks to be on the recall list...in fact alsmost everything he got is. Interesting to see how easy it will be for me to take his latest favorite toy from him.
    thanks for posting- this is why I love this site so much. You mama's sure keep me up to date with what's going on.

Default recall info

Hi Michelle
    Where did you get this information from?
    Christine
    They are my favorite people in the world!

Expert Forum User

It was on the news tonight

So I went to the website of the maker of thomas.

http://rc2corp.com/company/recalls_Wood_0607.asp

It was just announced today so I am sure more info will be out in the next few days!
    AND

Thanks. I just printed off the recall form and filled it out but then got a little leary of just 'sending' Cam's trains off in the mail. Just wanted to double check it is ligit before we say goodbye to Skarloey, James and the hook n ladder truck
    C
    They are my favorite people in the world!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron&Jaime's Mommy
    Thanks. I just printed off the recall form and filled it out but then got a little leary of just 'sending' Cam's trains off in the mail. Just wanted to double check it is ligit before we say goodbye to Skarloey, James and the hook n ladder truck
    C

Hahah I just giggled out loud!
    We have two of the red fire truck type trains and he wont notice they are gone since they aren't "main characters" Let me know how it goes with your LO!
    AND

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I was just going to post about this!

Hmmm...trying to print the form and all I get is "Service unavailable"!! That's great PR!

Expert Forum User

Thanks for the info! DD has a lot of these recalled parts. I now have an excuse to go pack up Thomas (who has taken over our family room floor). Not too sure if DH or DD loves him more!

Expert Forum User

Thankfully DD has other coloured trains but my nephew has at least 4 on the list. I can't believe in this day and age that they would be using ANY paint with lead in it, especially on children's toys. They don't even put lead in paint for your WALLS anymore! I was very disappointed when I read about this recall!
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

i thought tha tthey didnt use lead paint for anything anymore!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Apparently these toys were imported from China, which is where the lead paint came from. I don't know the policies on lead in China, but obviously they're still using lead paint and it slipped through our inspections (and the states, where they are actually MORE vigilant regarding lead - case in point the fiasco happening in London would not occur in most of the states since they test all children for lead levels and report any instances of high lead levels or poisoning).

Default Shipping costs

I have a toddler who was given a James Lights and Sound Engine and Tender gift set just a few months back that needs to be sent to Mississauga for replacement (along with the free gift they include with it, wonder what that will be!). I was just wondering if any of you fellow moms have sent back your toys yet, and if so what did you pay for shipping? I've checked out the Canada Post website, and just guesstimating for the time being, have come to a price of about 7 or 8 dollars. I'll know the exact price when I hit the post office tomorrow, but would like to know if I'm in the right ball park range.

Thanks

Expert Forum User

I'm not sending any back (we have other ones!), but my husband deals with Canada Post on a daily basis and you are definitely in the ballpark (at least for the weight of one car). DH actually just sent my nephew a thomas train and it was $7 and change. I haven't read into the returns, but do you have to absorb the cost of postage for every train or will the company cover it?? If you have to pay the shipping, I hope their 'extra gift' is worth at least the trouble and cost that everyone now has to go through! (can you tell I'm a little annoyed with the company )
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast