Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Do ppl still RSVP????

Aurora is having a birthday party at the little gum tomorrow, we invited all the girls from her class..so about 9, plus 3 of her friends that dont go to her school.

So far I only know of 2 of the girls that are coming (and not the ones from her school)

Not a single person from her class RSVP ad now that schools out I have no clue how to get a hold of them.

We already paid for the party so if no one comes its gonna be 200 for 4 kids...ugh. Plus AUrora heart will be broken..shes gone to every single party she was invited to this year.
    jennifer mommy to 4 amazing kids!

Expert Forum User

I totally hear you. I'm in the same boat waiting for responses too. I know people are busy, excuse excuse , but it takes less then one minute to pick up the phone and say yes or no to the invite. Last year, I had one parent call me after the party to say “sorry“ because she forgot to bring her daughter. Yes, some are just plain ole' inconsiderate when it comes to these things. I hope you get more replys soon.

Do you think though that ppl are lacking RSVPing..or are they just actually not coming?

I can get over it if they all show up (cuz right now we sare apying for it regardless) without calling...but if no one shoes up..Aurora will be devestated...

Expert Forum User

One thing I don't like about the Little Gym cards is that that only have the phone number RSVP on them. I think adding an email option is good because people might feel uncomfortable calling if they don't know you well. We didn't have many people call. Most just told us in person. Hopefully they'll still be coming, but I think it's only polite to RSVP, regardless. It would suck making loot bags for kids who don't show.

Expert Forum User

Definately lacking. I know this sounds negative, but its one of my peeves. I would have to say I would be surprised if anyone just showed up without calling first.
    But I guess the other side of the coin is, if they have never had their childs party at Gymworld, or where ever, some may not know the you have to submit numbers to the business often a week in advance. And.....there's always those last minute calls to say they are coming right.

it's tricky for sure. i have a weekly mom/baby group that rotates houses every week. the week i hosted only 3 people out of 11 said they were coming. turns out everyone came! fingers crossed that happens for you guys too.
    My little man was born on Oct 12/08 at home into Dad's loving hands.
    My little lady was born on July 28/11 at home... Daddy was busy keeping mom company.

I have 1 baby Santa Suit for Sale 0-3 months (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/vbclassif...&memberid=2201) or to Trade (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/104323-tr...it#post1592622). Thanks for looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Reese'smom View Post
    One thing I don't like about the Little Gym cards is that that only have the phone number RSVP on them. I think adding an email option is good because people might feel uncomfortable calling if they don't know you well. We didn't have many people call. Most just told us in person. Hopefully they'll still be coming, but I think it's only polite to RSVP, regardless. It would suck making loot bags for kids who don't show.
    meh i dont care much for the loot bags, I jsut wnat her friends to come!!

every single invite she had through the year only had phone number rsvp's, didnt bother me. And they were handwritten ones.

So sicne these are the same ppl i doubt they would of expected me to put an email addy kwim?

Expert Forum User

I would guess if they haven't called, they aren't coming. I always RSVP regardless... but, I assume if they haven't called, they aren't attending. Would be nice to know for sure either way.
    Could be that with it being summer, and a long weekend for some, that a lot of the kids are away!
    Hope she has a good birthday anyway!
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

Expert Forum User

Hmm..well I always RSVP no matter what. I really hope that all the kids show up.

I doubt every single kid is away every single weekend in the summer... and I dont know a single person in canada who has this as a long weekend.

if no one comes i wont be holding a school party for her again

If noone comes I doubt she'll have a good time..shes already crying over the fact that no one has called to say they were coming.

Expert Forum User

Last year I had to call about 3 of the families whose children we invited to a summer party. One's response was, “Well, I don't know...is so-and-so's child coming?“ wtf? I think people are very inconsiderate sometimes.
    Being summer, ppl will often be away and/or forget unfortunately. Since you don't have their phone numbers I would just write them off as not attending. Is there anyone else you know that you could invite last minute so she isn't too disappointed?
    Please always show kindness in your posts as the person receiving it may need it more than you will ever know.

SAHM to two boys, 13 and 7.

All I have to say is that people who don't RSVP are rude. I mean I get maybe one or two not responding but almost everyone. Awful.

I hope she has a great party regardless.

Ivey did you give the parents the invites directly? I ask because too often I hear they let the kids hand them out and then it comes out the kid invited did not bring the invite home.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    Ivey did you give the parents the invites directly? I ask because too often I hear they let the kids hand them out and then it comes out the kid invited did not bring the invite home.
    This has happened to us with both our parties and parties being invited to...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivveyy View Post
    I doubt every single kid is away every single weekend in the summer... and I dont know a single person in canada who has this as a long weekend.

YES, and I didn't say EVERY KID EVERY WEEKEND all summer... but it is possible that SOME are away and the others haven't RSVP'd.
    And, FWIW, my DH's work WORKED WEDS and had Thurs off instead (don't work Fri's), so now you know of about 150 people IN CANADA that have this as a long weekend - and many other work places do it too...

if no one comes i wont be holding a school party for her again

Personally, I think this is rather harsh. Just invite DIFFERENT kids next time! Or, try to find out what happened with the ones that didn't make it!

If noone comes I doubt she'll have a good time..shes already crying over the fact that no one has called to say they were coming.
    Well, I guess that's where you and other guests will have to rally round and make it a SCREAMIN' GOOD TIME! Little Gym is so much fun! We've done about 4 of the kids' parties there...

But, here's hoping that they are showing...
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

How could I inivte different kids? i invuted every single girl from her class??

its not like I am saying i wont ever have a party for her again..we have the fmaily party in a couple weeks, so her whole birthday wont suck..

but if no one shows though I aam not going to spend another 200+ on a party..I'll invite her ebst friedns and do soemthing smaller isntead..makes mroe sense, I dont find that harsh at all.
    Last edited by Ivveyy; 07-04-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast