Hi all -
I'm tossing around the idea of changing careers, as I would like very much to be a work at home mom. I find the possibility of setting my own hours very appealing, and feel that I am disciplined enough to have established "Work" time and "play time" (With, of course, the occasional change in plans!) I am not interested in selling Avon, MaryKay, Pampered Chef, etc, etc - good for those who can, it's just not me.
I've always been interested in the "financial world" and have considered the following opportunities: financial underwriting or planning, or becoming a mortgage broker (or possibly even a career in real estate...we'll see). I would love to hear from anyone who is involved in ANY of these areas (or any area I've missed...). I would love to start looking into courses for these careers, but don't know where to begin. Ideally, I would like a study at home opportunity - I am not in a position to be out of town or in school full time, but am able to dedicate plenty of time to a distance ed program.
Thanks in advance for your help!!