Default New career...courses in financial planning?

Hi all -
    I'm tossing around the idea of changing careers, as I would like very much to be a work at home mom. I find the possibility of setting my own hours very appealing, and feel that I am disciplined enough to have established "Work" time and "play time" (With, of course, the occasional change in plans!) I am not interested in selling Avon, MaryKay, Pampered Chef, etc, etc - good for those who can, it's just not me.
    I've always been interested in the "financial world" and have considered the following opportunities: financial underwriting or planning, or becoming a mortgage broker (or possibly even a career in real estate...we'll see). I would love to hear from anyone who is involved in ANY of these areas (or any area I've missed...). I would love to start looking into courses for these careers, but don't know where to begin. Ideally, I would like a study at home opportunity - I am not in a position to be out of town or in school full time, but am able to dedicate plenty of time to a distance ed program.
    Thanks in advance for your help!!

check out the courses from fanshawe continuing ed- most can be taken online, prices are reasonable, and some can even be applied towards certification or diploma.

they have the book online in pdf or you can pick it up on campus (at the office of the registrar I think?)

http://www.fanshawec.on.ca/ce/default.asp
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.