Default Opinions on Cricut System

I have seen it at Micheals and really want it however just looking for opinions if you have felt it is worth the money. Does it pretty much eliminate the need to buy letter stickers? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Laura
    Zachary ^i^ Aug 9/01
    Caleb & Benjamin July 13/02
    Jackson February 13/07

Which one? The original one, or the new one? (not even sure if the new one is out yet?)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Laurie~
    Which one? The original one, or the new one? (not even sure if the new one is out yet?)
    I don't think the new one is out....sorry I don't have one yet. Saw some of the stuff my cousin cut out from her's (some flowers) in one of her album and it was pretty nice.

I had no idea there was a new one coming out. Good to know for when I am looking - I am assuming they will make the old cartridges fit the new one.

Yes, the old cartridges are supposed to fit the new machine too.

I have the original one, and I love it! It is definitely worth the money in my opinion. Although, I didn't pay full price, got it one of the couple times when they had it on sale.

Banned

I have it and I love it although I only have the original font so far. I bought mine at Walmart for $269 and the cartridges there are $89, so I am assuming this is cheaper than Michaels. (I personally am annoyed at Michaels who had this giant sale with no stock then told me then didn't think they would ever get in more cricuts but did.)
    The new one is retailed at $500 when it comes out so that should be a factor in your decision.
    I don't think I've gotten my money's worth yet considering you have to replace the mat often and the blade somewhat often. But, the convenience of cutting out whatever you want in whatever size and paper is priceless.

I have a Xyron PCS and LOVE it. It is much cheaper than the Cricut, as are the replacements parts and fonts. For what *I* use it for, it has all the features I could need. So far, you can only get it in the States (or on ebay, which is where I got mine), but some sites have free shipping.

I love my Cricut, well worth the money. I got mine on ebay for significantly less than Michaels, a bit less than Walmart sells it for. I use the Cricut to cut the alphabet and then put them through my Xyron 500 to make them stickers. And the Scrapbook Studio in Hyde Park always has a good selection of fonts, still cheaper than Michaels.