Expert Forum User

Default The grass is always greener...

DS is meeting milestones early....sitting up at 5months, crossing the room before 6 and now pulling himself up and trying to walk on furniture at 7months.

I am soo proud of him for this and its amazing to watch...but its exhausting! He doesn't want to sit still for more than 30seconds at a time.

I see other babes who will sit quietly and play and think "oh why can't DS do that"?.

Others with busy babes...did they slow down eventually?
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Banned

Congrats to your DS. What a go getter he is

And nope busy babies become busy toddlers who become even busier pre schoolers lol Have fun

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Heh... they don't slow down, they become more independent and reliable and you don't have to follow them around (as much... eventually). Enjoy your baby, he sounds like a go-getter!!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Mommymanda View Post
    DS is meeting milestones early....sitting up at 5months, crossing the room before 6 and now pulling himself up and trying to walk on furniture at 7months.

I am soo proud of him for this and its amazing to watch...but its exhausting! He doesn't want to sit still for more than 30seconds at a time.

I see other babes who will sit quietly and play and think “oh why can't DS do that“?.

Others with busy babes...did they slow down eventually?

Depends on what you consider eventually - mine are 6 and 4 yr and no have not slowed!LOL Sorry

Expert Forum User

DD rolled from birth (the dr's said it was b/c she was so small), army crawled by four months, full crawling soon after, standing up at 6.5 months, etc, and she hasn't stopped yet. In fact I have many pictures of her sleeping in her high chair b/c she couldn't move and would eventually give in there when she wouldn't anywhere else. I'm hoping DS is a little less active.
    Alicia
    Mommy to Summer, Avery, and Bentley

Yale is delayed, but now that he is catching up, he's busy. His Dad strikes me as one to have been a busy baby too because his never sits still... I don't think it ever ends.
    Yale 4yr old
    Kane 1yr old
    and baby makes 3!!! Errr... 4!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Dunno, cos mine were late bloomers when it came to crawling (ten months) walking (fifteen months) and so on.
    However they could army crawl like there was no tomorrow, or roll around like crazy, so I still had ot babyproof etc really early.

I do recall dreading the crawling phase though lol. Then their hands are touching everything, knees getting hurt on cement or hidden dangers in the grass etc. The problem of being out and they want to get down and crawl and all you can think is “it's the mall floor....how germy could you get?!“ and they aren't happy in the lap anymore, want down down down no matter where or what dangers lol. Aw I dreaded thecrawling phase. Was sooo much easeir with dd than ds, as dd bum bounced. Much less chance of damaging yourself if you're cushioned by a diaper and clothes than crawling on hands and knees. Jus had to watch out for low hanging branches and stuff lol.

Hope your lo slows down a bit soon for ya
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by allie193 View Post
    In fact I have many pictures of her sleeping in her high chair b/c she couldn't move and would eventually give in there when she wouldn't anywhere else. I'm hoping DS is a little less active.
    OMG I thought it was hililarious last night because DS was doing that!! Toast in one hand, eyes shut, still trying to chew! I didn't catch the photo because once I ran to grab the camera he was up again.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Madi is delayed so I am still waiting for a roll over here... wish I could tell you yes he will... but I am thinking you are going to have one active and curious child!!!
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

nope as Tan said they just become busier!!! Enjoy it!!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

No, it gets much worse. UGH.