Thread: CCTB, etc.

Default CCTB, etc.

I have a bunch of questions that I am hoping some of you can answer for me.....

- I didn't file my taxes last year, so have filed both years now. I have not been receiving CCTB for my son due to this. Will I be eligible for back-pay? Do I need to re-apply, or will they automatically assess this with my taxes?
    -I just had my daughter a month ago, and registered her birth last week. Do I need to apply for CCTB for her, or do they automatically calculate it?
    - I have been receiving the $100 / month for my son (the childcare thingy), is it $100 per child or per family? If it is per child, do I need to apply for my daughter, or is it automatic?

Please help....I have no clue about this stuff.....

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Ooooh babe, you gonna get a nice big fat cheque for the backpay... You don't need to apply for backpay but you do need to apply for your new bean. She will get another $100 also for childcare supplement once you apply for CCTB.
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    I have a bunch of questions that I am hoping some of you can answer for me.....

- I didn't file my taxes last year, so have filed both years now. I have not been receiving CCTB for my son due to this. Will I be eligible for back-pay? Do I need to re-apply, or will they automatically assess this with my taxes?
    -I just had my daughter a month ago, and registered her birth last week. Do I need to apply for CCTB for her, or do they automatically calculate it?
    - I have been receiving the $100 / month for my son (the childcare thingy), is it $100 per child or per family? If it is per child, do I need to apply for my daughter, or is it automatic?

Please help....I have no clue about this stuff.....
    If you are now up to date with your taxes, yes you will be retroactively paid. When you file by the end of April each year, your new rate will be calculated for the July payment for one year. This is done automatically. You DO need to apply for each new baby born, you should have received a form at the hospital, if not a registry form will be online. The Universal Child Tax credit is at a rate of $100 PER child up to the month of their 7th birthday (this is being negotiated re: age cut off). I believe the UCC benefit is automatic once you receive your CCTB as mine was a complete surprise when my girls were born since my teen was 13 at that time and I'd never heard of the UCC(didn't exist when she was younger) so they did it for me.

I am always late with my takes so the back pay was nice though lol.
    jennifer mommy to 4 amazing kids!

Expert Forum User

I have heard that you DO need to attach a sheet of paper stating why your application was delayed- we are doing this for my son

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kari2217 View Post
    I have heard that you DO need to attach a sheet of paper stating why your application was delayed- we are doing this for my son
    That's a great idea just to be on the safe side. They will file it along with your application without issue.

Is there an online application for CCTB....I can online find a mail-in version...
    Willow
    Mama of David (6) and Mary (2)

I beleive you have to mail it in.
    jennifer mommy to 4 amazing kids!

Banned

They need your signature(s) on the form so I believe you do have to mail it in as Ivveyy said. The process of printing, signing, scanning and e-mailing isn't something everyone knows how to do, I can't, DH can. They wouldn't want a potentially forged signature as well.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerAngel View Post
    The Universal Child Tax credit is at a rate of $100 PER child up to the month of their 7th birthday (this is being negotiated re: age cut off).
    Did this change? I thought it was age 6. If it's 7, I am so elated to know we'll get it for another year and a bit for DD instead of being done in Oct! I'm pretty sure it ended for DS when he turned 6.
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

It was 6. My friend was upset about that she still needed a sitter half days for him he was still in sk. His bd is in april.

Banned

Are you serious? Everyone told me it was 7 years. Well it is under review anyway, maybe they'll up the age before my girls turn 6. That's good info to know so no surprises, yk? This benefit is still new to me with such an age gap between my girls. I lie down corrected,lol.