Expert Forum User

Default The Countdown: 8 pullups left!

I'm starting to feel nervous...LOL

We have told DS (4 yrs old) that this is the last pack of pullups and once they're gone, it will be underwear only. Even said that we'll have an 'underwear party', lol.

So I imagine by saturday the pullups will be gone....and i am in this now and not turning back. I'm getting nervous about it! lol .... just how it will work out, will i end up having to stay home for the next month...(not really, i do have the training pants to put over top)

the one thing that still nags at me a bit , only because i've read so much conflicting info: because he is SOOOOOO reluctant to use the toilet for BM's, should i allow him to use a pullup for a BM? i've heard it suggested before. but that could get tricky because even though he's not holding it too much anymore, he tends to let small amounts into the pullup throughout the day (i can't tell you how done i want to be with that).

aside from the poop part, this is it....i am praying it works!!

any other last words of advice are welcomed
    "My mind is going a mile an hour."

*crossing my fingers*

Expert Forum User

No advice really but good luck!! We let our son cut up the last one to show he was done and it really meant a lot to him. It has been four month I think and if someone asks about diapers he says no I cut them up and am all done.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

maybe a tiny reward for every 'movement' or day thats accident free. a sticker to work up to something big like “big boy underwear' or m&ms etc. good luck. DON“T make big deals out of oopsies. just say heh they happen fresh start next day or next diaper.

Expert Forum User

Good Luck!! My potty training is random to say the least, but wanted to say for my oldest who is fully trained, she held off on the bm's too. If I caught her making that “face“, I'd just ask her if she wanted to go to the potty, and if she said no, I said “maybe tomorrow then“. One day, she just never did it again. I don't know why!

I've heard boys are tougher than girls...and I can believe it, I can't get over the poopage difference, I am not looking forward to potty training if this keeps up!!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

lol - i thought this was a workout thread...never mind!
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

Expert Forum User

I have nothing but support for you. Good Luck. I hope it works out well. I agree, don't fret about the oopsies. They'll come and go. Miss A still has her moments when she just plain forgets. They are fewer and farther between, but it happens. Stay strong, and don't wimp out, as much as it seems easier, it won't be in the long run. Good Luck. (we used to buy those lego candies for the boy when he was potty training, best investment ever)

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    maybe a tiny reward for every 'movement' or day thats accident free. a sticker to work up to something big like “big boy underwear' or m&ms etc. good luck. DON“T make big deals out of oopsies. just say heh they happen fresh start next day or next diaper.
    this kid has foiled our attempts to use incentives EVERY time...lol. i still give him a treat whenever he uses the toilet. and in spite of my reluctance, we even went ALL out and tried a system of giving him small treats if he stayed accident free for the morning, afternoon, or evening...and then giving him a chance for a bigger prize if he went the WHOLE day. with the little treats, he'd get it and pee in his pull up right after ...“i just peed“. ggrrr!!! and a few times he's gone the whole day and picked out his special prize and then immediately lost interest after the hoopla was over...lol. so the past several months we haven't mentioned or encouraged anything. if he uses the toilet we say that's great, when he doesn't , and tells us (every single time), we just say “okay, lets get changed“. what a turd!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RetroMama View Post
    I've heard boys are tougher than girls...and I can believe it, I can't get over the poopage difference, I am not looking forward to potty training if this keeps up!!
    i've heard that too. and the developmental clinic said that preemie boys are often really late with it....but they have no idea why, lol. and now that i have a girl, i've noticed a big poopage difference too!

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    lol - i thought this was a workout thread...never mind!
    ROFL!!! i'm laughing so hard right now...that's hilarious!!!! LOL
    "My mind is going a mile an hour."

Just wanted to say you aren't alone there are others, we are in the process right now and we have good days and bad days, but stay strong they do get better.
    Just keep telling yourself all the money that is saved with not having diapers/pullups!!!
    Jen

good luck!
    mama to 3

Junior Member momof3littleladies's Avatar

I have two words for the BM's, “tight pants“
    The Lovely Ladies:
    Hana 6, Nadia 3.5, and Farah 1.5 (expecting #4 in May 2010, if it is a girl I'll have to change my name!)