Krista

Default Public Schools that teach wind instruments?

This is a bit of a funny request but we're moving and i've been trying for the life of me to find out how I can find out what public schools have string instruments as opposed to wind since it will play a factor in where we move because my daughter (10) is bent on playing violin and don't want to have to get seperate lessons if I can avoid it. We're thinking of moving out in the Clark and Trafalgar area across town because thats where the grandma is who will be babysitting once im back to work after baby-on-the-way.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Are there public schools that teach violin?! Wow, I didn't know that! I thought it was all wind instruments. I suggest calling the Board of Education, and if that doesn't get you anywhere, try each individual school and ask about their music program!

I know Cleardale PS used to teach string instruments. That was a long time ago though when my brother was there and thought he could play the viola It would have been in the late 80's and a lot has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by chky0925
    I know Cleardale PS used to teach string instruments. That was a long time ago though when my brother was there and thought he could play the viola It would have been in the late 80's and a lot has changed.
    I posted in the other thread, but yes, Cleardale only offers string instruments n Grades 6-8...grades 4 and 5 learn recorder. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the Clark/Trafalger area is only about a 10-15 min. drive from here.

Krista

Quote Originally Posted by chky0925
    Yah they do I went to that school and thats where we live now but thats where were moving from. I did contact the board of education but unfortunately i'd have to call every school to find out.