Default Do not like my real estate agent

I just listed my house, and I have had a couple problems with my agent. They are not aggressive enough for me. I have had to do a couple things on my own because they are out of town until wed. They are a husband and wife team. I have had 2 couples come through my house twice each. And was told they were very interested in my house. I have heard no feedback from my agent. I just feel like my house is another house, and they could careless if they sell it or not.

I have a question? Is there any way I can get out of my contract with my agents and go with another one?

Thanks for your help
    Savannah (July 17,05)
    Riley (Sept 14, 2007)

I don't know anything about getting out of your contract but I think it would be hard if not impossible to do unless you want to take your house off the market for a while and then re-list it with another agent.

If you want to PM me I can give you the name of the realtor we used last year. She was awesome and never made us feel like we were second best. Our house was listed for five months and she continued with us the whole time. She did marketing and everything we would expect a realtor to do and then some.

Good luck!
    Used to be momtoJ&T but that was too boring.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I have seen two signs on lawns before? I wonder if that means they have two agents? I don't know you could ask in the expert area. I have an incredible realtor who is a top seller in London. She is a whirlwind of energy lol and will sell your house. I've recommended other people to her and she got the highest price for their condo in the area. PM me if you want her name.
    Cole is 8 years old! January, 2005
    Nate is 5 years old! January, 2008
    Judah is 2 years old! October, 2010
    Avery Grace born & passed Feb 4, 2007.

"Why did I not know that birth is the pinnacle where women discover the courage to become mothers?"
    Anita Diamant (The Red Tent)

Expert Forum User

Does it say in the contract specifics of what they are to be doing? If so, are they meeting those requirements? If not, then THEY'VE broken the contract and not you. Talk with them. Tell them what you are feeling. Maybe it will make them step up their game.
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

Expert Forum User

yes, talk to them. AFAIK - as long as you are under contract you are obligated to pay them their fees.
    if you let them know they may not be a good fit, maybe talk to their broker and get another agent from teh same office... i BELIEVE that contracts are usually with the broker not the agent.

what's the lenght of your contract, and did you sign a buying contract as well

See I am in Windsor, moving back to London. So We have an agent in London for buying and our agent here. My agent is the owner. it's him and his wife only. I will have to read over my contract to see what it says.

I have already spoken to her about my mls listing. It just wasn't good enough, which she has fixed. When they get back from vacation, I might have a chat with them about the 2 couples that came through twice. I don't understand why she didn't follow up with there agent!

Thanks for the info
    Savannah (July 17,05)
    Riley (Sept 14, 2007)

Expert Forum User

might I also recommend that for a buying contract you only do a contract specific to the house you are going to buy? or a short term renewable contract.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by manders View Post
    I just listed my house, and I have had a couple problems with my agent. They are not aggressive enough for me. I have had to do a couple things on my own because they are out of town until wed. They are a husband and wife team. I have had 2 couples come through my house twice each. And was told they were very interested in my house. I have heard no feedback from my agent. I just feel like my house is another house, and they could careless if they sell it or not.

I have a question? Is there any way I can get out of my contract with my agents and go with another one?

Thanks for your help
    You can try talking to them to see what they say. The contracts signed are with the brokerages not the specific Realtors. I noticed that you said it is a husband and wife team and they are the owners... are they the owners of the brokerage? Is there any other Realtors that work for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    I have seen two signs on lawns before? I wonder if that means they have two agents?
    In those situations it is usually related to a divorce situation where the husband and wife each have their own representation.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Well for starters, when I posted real estate problems selling my house in Windsor someone from this site reported my posts to the realtor - so she got in trouble from the broker, (I had valid concerns the broker agreed) and I got out of my contract easily. So maybe that'll happen to you, too.

My advice is tell them exactly what you want. They work for you. Sometimes you have to tell them exactly what you want though. Good luck.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc