Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Its NOT about ME anymore!

I was going to post this ANON but then I realized the reasons i give for posting(<

OMG its gone, AGHH!H!! forget it, i think i just had it answered for me. patooie on me. FINE

Banned

?? Glad you got your question answered?

Expert Forum User

What? Can you try that again for me hun. I'm sorry, I missed it I think.

I literally had a HUGE page typed and then it disappeared when i hit post. Im NOT posting again, think it was answered for me I'm a loser. should have known.

Expert Forum User

Ok, first things first. You are not a loser... Lets be clear on that. Second, what's teh matter???? Is some lady trying to rent your husband? You guys are supposed to be a team and he should treat you as such. Other then that, girl vent away. We're here for ya.

I can't understand........hope things are OK(???)

OK im going to try this one more time, but if it disappears so help me.. No this is not about Dh. A neighbour came over last night (same one who gave me the roses) and said I'm going out Saturday night, your welcome to come along. I though wow, great thats nice. sure. (downtown KB's no less) anyway after that she took me on a ride to pick her DD up from her work and on the way says. yeah ya know, you never get out, your always at home, hangin with your kids yaddah blah.. I get home last night and really started to think about it.. She wasn't invited ME cause im a cool person to hand with, fun to be around, bubbly etc. NO cause she feels sorry for me that I dont get out much. I was really offended. and decided forget it. so this afternoon she drops by and said soo. i was like nah. she left. Dh says why not? so i tried to explain it. (ok so your in school some guy ask you out, 3/4 through the great date you find out the ONLY reason he took you out was on a dare) ykwim> its like of IF you really wanted me to go out, why couldn't you say 'your fun to be around etc would you like to come along, it would be great to have you there' instead she's makes me feel like the third wheel. Dh insists NO! im wrong, thats not what she meant. but to ME thats exactly how it felt. on top of it all Dh was trying to put the boys to bed starting around 7:30 last night. and then i told him to go get done the thing he promised our other whacked out neighbour he would do, so he left and DS would NOT go to sleep I was up with him until 2 am. (i really put to much on Dh for bed so i didn't want to bother him or call him) yes i got crap for that. soo now im tired. am i wrong in how it came acrossed. do you all kwim??

Banned

I would go and show her what a fantastically fun person you are to hang with!

Quote Originally Posted by mum_of_four View Post
    I would go and show her what a fantastically fun person you are to hang with!
    Yeah, I am with this. I mean its an invite, that sounds like she was being nice, not the same as inviting someone on a bet, to ridicule them, but to see if your fun to hang with and get you outta the house, I think I would jump at the chance TBH.

Feet, why do I need them if I have wings to fly?
    –Frieda Kahlo (1907-1954)

Banned

Ok, It seems to me that maybe the first invite was because she was sensing maybe you needed some adult time. But I think any invites after that would be , because she enjoys your company. Don't be so hard and down on yourself. hugs and go enjoy yourself

Expert Forum User

I don't think she would invite you if she though that it wouldn't be a 'fun' time to get away for the daily 'stuff' for awhile. Go and have fun!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! PancakeMom's Avatar

I wouldn't take anyone anywhere out of pity, you'd have to be fun and hopefully a friend eventually! You sound like me....thinking too much.

What other people think of you is none of your business!

If you get invited to somewhere/something that you would like to attend GO!!!!! Maybe you'll meet your new best friend while you are out.

Everything I love is illegal, immoral or fattening.

Maybe she didn't mean it quite as offensively as it sounded - maybe it was more like she was relating to you. Is she home with her kids a lot too, or was she until recently? Does she not go out much? I know I sometimes look for a commonality with someone because I'm not confident they'd necessarily want to hang out with me for me, but if we both have some similar thing - like for example, one friend here called me up because we both have hubbies with unpredictable (though laid off from) jobs, and we're both not from the area. Another welcomed me with cookeis and square s because she arrived here in winter, too, knowing no one, and felt isoalted and thought I may, too. So if they'd said "You know no one but your husband and kids and I feel sorry for you" it would sound bad, but if they elaborated to say "I feel sorry for you because I felt very lonely when I was in that position" or "I felt very isolated in your position" etc, then I'd probably be more open to them, right?

Is she nice? Fun? Interesting?
    Maybe give her another shot, if so. She could just be kinda socially awkward, or have worded it wrong.

If she's not appealing to you really, well, then pooey to her and try to forget about her. The occasional glare as you walk by her house, is ok.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Ana
    Expert Forum User

Sometimes people dont want to admit they need something -in this case, company and so they tell you they are doing it for you for some reason, so you wont think them needy. I dont think she is doing it out of pity, but doesnt want you to think she's desperate...maybe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast