Expert Forum User

Default I don't wanna :(

Its time to start cleaning out the toys my 17lb, 7month old doesn't use. This includes the bassinette, bouncy chair, piles of rattles and other large toys he is already bored with.

I'm not ready!!! I have no issue getting rid of the clothing when need be...I figure if we have another, clothes are easy to stock up on.

I really don't know if we will have a 3rd, and if we do it won't be for another four or five years....I just hate the idea of getting rid of our big items 'just incase'. We all know this stuff isin't cheap, and I don't predict DH or I winning the lottery in the next 5years.

I know practically this stuff needs to go, our house is tiny and there is too much here already. I've got nobody to lend it out to and nowhere to store it. I'm losing my mind on this.

DH isisn't helping...one day he'll ask when I'm going to post the stuff, the next he's reminding me he wants more kids.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I felt very similarly getting rid of my baby stuff. I passed it on to a pregnant friend, and I do want another in a few years but yeah I just can't store it! I do feel like stuff 'comes my way' when I need it, at least it has for both these kids, and Im sharing the good karma around, yk? I really relate to the desire to hang on to it tho.
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

Expert Forum User

I so coulda posted this like two months ago. I finally rid our house of all the extras and although it was hard it feels amazing. Now if I do decide on more LOs I'm so lost.
    ...and in that moment I swear we were infinite.

Expert Forum User

What if you break them up into piles of willing to part with and essentials you have to keep. that way you can get rid of some stuff but at them same time are still prepared for another.

Quote Originally Posted by myrrah View Post
    I felt very similarly getting rid of my baby stuff. I passed it on to a pregnant friend, and I do want another in a few years but yeah I just can't store it! I do feel like stuff 'comes my way' when I need it, at least it has for both these kids, and Im sharing the good karma around, yk? I really relate to the desire to hang on to it tho.
    ITA this is exactly what I do
    Becky Mom to X and C

I got a little teary when I packed up my Mat clothes. Can't imagine what this will be like.

Expert Forum User

Funny, I'm the opposite. I know this is my last (or at least the last planned one I think) and I'm so looking forward to getting rid of all the bog baby stuff. My house is so cramped up with all the baby gear now that I look forward to the days when I can reclaim this space!

MM
    *sigh*

Breastfeeding Success Essentials:
    SUPPORT ~ EDUCATION ~ DETERMINATION

Beat the "Booby Traps" to Breastfeeding Success!

~The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'~

~Do or Do Not. There is no try.~
    Yoda

I know when i had to pack up my dd's nwe born clothes that was sad too...

Expert Forum User

When DD was born I had all hand me down supplies I was on my own and couldn't afford much. I had no issue getting rid of the big stuff cuz at the time I knew I wouldn't have any more kids. Her clothes were senitmental and I held on to them longer than needed.

With DS he's the first grandchild on DHs side so we were given alot. I purposfully got him all the brand new things I wanted DD to have but couldn't (literally I got him the Ocean wonders swing because it was the 'new' best one when DD was born). I know if we have another we won't be lucky enough to have family help.

LOL gotta stop talking myself outta it...Kijiji will always be around if we really come down to needing stuff again.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Our little one is now 7mths and we also have lots of items we aren't using - swing, bassinet, bouncey chairs, infant tub, playmat, tummy time mat - that are just taking up room.

Luckily most of these were borrowed from a friend and we just have to coordinate returning them, she's expecting her second so she should be somewhat motivated to get these items back.

It was so nice to be able to borrow these things - I do need to go through some of our other stuff and either pack it away or get it out of the house.

Where did the time go it amazes me that we have grown out of so many things in such a relatively short amount of time.

Margo

I like the idea of karma that is mentioned above and I think unless I really love something (the tie-dyed onsie from sunfest, the wooden rattle from a farmers market, etc) I will try to pass it along.

It's nice for things to get used - actually I think that tie-dyed onesie is on loan to my new nephew at the moment.

Obviously the challenge of borrowing and loaning things will be keeping track of things.

That reminds me I have things from several other friends that I'm not sure if they were gifted or loaned to me, I better check before I give them away.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Mommymanda View Post
    I don't predict DH or I winning the lottery in the next 5years.
    don't discount this - it's still a very real possibility! That's my retirement plan anyway