Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default Car accident (long)

Today our family was very lucky. We were driving home from my parents' house and a car was going through the intersection, I swerved to miss it, hit gravel, turned the wheel to try and keep it on the road and the brakes locked. The car slid sideways across the road and we rolled over into the ditched. I jumped out of the car and went to DD who was bawling (she had just fallen asleep, we literally had driven 5 min.). Someone came up to me and said "you're bleeding, r u ok?" I couldn't feel anything I just wanted to hold my baby and was glad that DH was ok. DD was fine (the carseat handle was down btw). I had to be put in a neck brace and taken away on the strecher, had a piece of glass in my head and my hand was all cut up. Our car is totalled. The family who I managed to miss hitting pulled over and they had two babies in the car - one was only 2 weeks old. I have no idea how I missed the car, it was probably only inches from us. The guy driving told DH that he was just not paying attention. I was just glad they were all ok. This is the first accident that I've ever been in and I can't describe how scary it was. As we were rolling it was like we were in slow motion. DH and my 2nd anniversary is tomorrow, DD just turned 1 last month. I feel like I waste so much time doing stupid shit like watching TV and being on the computer (although I still need my LM's fix). But I'm so thankful that we are all ok. We are getting a rental car tomorrow. I think we're going to go to Strickland's to look at some cars this week. Does anyone have anywhere else they would suggest looking? We would like a preowned vehicle. Thanks for letting me write this all, I just had to process the whole thing I guess.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

wow. I'm so glad you are all Ok!!

How terrifying!

Banned

Wow, that's very scary.
    I'm glad everyone is OK.

Expert Forum User

How are you feeling now? Did you end up needing stitches or anything? I'm glad that DD and DH are ok!! I would have been/still be totally freaking out!!

I have no advice really regarding cars, but good luck with finding one that you like. Just make sure (if you do get a pre owned car) that there is some sort of guarentee that where you bought it, they will fix parts that break down that aren't your fault. You never know when you're buying a used vehicle.
    XO
    Jessica

Independant Passion Party Consultant
    Join my group on Facebook

Expert Forum User

Oh my gosh! So glad to hear that everyone is ok. Take it easy for awhile and hug your precious dd close!
    And, Happy Anniversary!
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

Huge props to you for being alert enough to handle the situation so well. So happy everyone is okay. How scary!

Expert Forum User

Wow! I had to read it twice, The part where you car rolled. That must have been so scary. I can't even imagine. Glad your family and the other is OK.

i am so glad you are ok

I don't know but if you find me can you send me home???

OMG I am glad that everyone is ok. You need to talk about it though maybe your dr or if you have EAP because that is tramatic and you will think about the what if's forever....

Expert Forum User

omg how very very scary. glad you are all ok...i cannot even begin to imagine how it feels to go through that.

In regards to cars, we have bought from stricklands and were pretty happy with it. We have also bought from Brian Finch too and were happy with them. We wouldve gone back to sticklands the second time, only went to brian finch because they gave us a great deal on our trade in..

Expert Forum User

Glad to hear that you all are okay.

So glad to hear you are all ok. I can only imagine how scary that was. Yikes!
    Mom of 2 girls, unschooler, feminist, runner and just general lover of life.

Need a doula or prenatal classes? www.babeezeinarms.com

"Me thinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."
    - Henry David Thoreau

"
    Children are not our own art products to be turned out well, but their own life work in continual process. -Jan Fortune Wood"

Senior Member Madie&Logan's Mom's Avatar

OMG! How scary!!! So glad you guys are okay!
    ~Christine~

Mom to Madison Anne (5) and Logan Douglas (2)

Glad to hear everyone is okay! Take a moment to write everything down today for your memory and in case you need it at a later date. I would go so far as to write how you are feeling and the emotions you are going through. This way when you are having a bad day another time you can see how truly blessed your life is. We all forget so easily when life gets busy and the t.v. gets good.

Hope you and your family are not too sore today.

Zoo

ditto everything c&c said!! And horvy too!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast