Expert Forum User

Default I'm having flashback nausea! LOL

this is just a silly post....but it's the weirdest thing. I guess I have pretty strong 'smell associations' to begin with. But it was almost a year ago that I became pregnant with DD. The nausea was awful for the first few months.

So now that early summer has come around again, I'm noticing the smells outside and stuff...and it's totally bringing back the memory AND the feeling of when i was nauseous last year! LOL to the point that i've actually gagged a couple of times!

It's the weirdest thing!!!

I still can't use the soap I used at that time last year because of the association, lol.
    "My mind is going a mile an hour."

Expert Forum User

I have memories associated to smells as well. They are VERY powerful!! I hope it passes for you though! You don't want to feel sick over this for too long..
    XO
    Jessica

Independant Passion Party Consultant
    Join my group on Facebook

With older ds I couldn't stand the smell of McDonald's. For a few years after he was born, I would gag if we drove by and I could smell the food. Ick.

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I totally get that. With my DD .. who is five now... I developed a very strong reaction to my favorite perfume. Before being pregnant I have love the stuff by Ralph Lauren in the blue bottle. Just bought a brand new bottle.. then got pregnant. I could not stand it. I actually had to give it away because I could smell the bottle without it being sprayed. To this day if someone is wearing it in my vacinity I usually gag and feel incredibly ill/dizzy.
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

i am only starting to handle smell again...(in the second trimester now)...but i swear in the first trimester i feel like i would be helpful to the police department...better than a police dog...i can smell everything...!...and it's a smelly smelly world when pregnant!!!...lol...

they say smell is the strongest in the sences for memory triggering...

Expert Forum User

katemom, i've heard that too about smell being the strongest for memory associations. it seems to definitely be that way for me!

my mom has never again been able to tolerate the smell of some rosewater perfume that she had when she was pregnant with me (35 years ago!) because it reminds her of how sick she was, LOL!
    "My mind is going a mile an hour."