Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Alone in all of this!

My husband and I had been trying for two years to conceive our first child. We battled lots of different problems, and finally had success! We're 8 and a half weeks pregnant now. The problem is I don't feel like I thought I would. I feel depressed actually. I'm happy and excited about being pregnant, I just can't help this terrible feeling. I feel really lonely because I don't know anyone who is pregnant or recently had children. None of my friends or family have young ones. Morning sickness has made me feel even worse. And I can't shake this fear of what if there's something wrong with the baby.
    My mind feels like a blur right now, and I guess I'd just like to know that I'm not alone.
    Any advice would be so appreciated!
    Thanks for listening to me vent!
    Sue

Hand Drawn Portraits of Your Furry Friends!
    Go to suepetportraits.blogspot.com for more details!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Oh, you're so not alone! Pregnancy is terrifying and lonely and scary as hell! Your hormones are all over the place, so it's an incredibly emotional roller coaster time. Morning sickness is the devil that sucks the joy out of pregnancy, eh?

You're really not alone. You've got about 2500 other mama's on here who've been/are there. Vent away!

Banned

You aren't alone when you are a London Mom. Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Expert Forum User

Just wanted to say, hugs. You have a lot on your plate especially having tried for so long, and then thinking about all the life changes that will be coming your way. There is a lot of uncertainty in pregnancy especially for those first few months when the babe is so vulnerable.

All of what you're feeling is totally normal and I think will get better with time.
    I have 4 boys ages 7, 5, and 3 and newborn

Expert Forum User

You are definelty not alone.... Pregnancies are so scary and full of unawsered questions... this is my 3rd and everythign is completely different then the previous 2 who were very different.
    The fact you came here to Londonmoms says you are heading in the right direction. Morning sickness is a good feeling *(I know is sounds crazy) but it means your hormons are working
    I hope you will ask millions of questions I now I did when I first got here.
    I am sure if you look through the archives there may be other women who have had the same experiences that you are going threw now.
    My DD was the first from our group of friends. so I no one to ask your very same questions!.. your dr can always push you in the right direction of books to read to ease your ansieties *sp

Expert Forum User

Hey Sue! Welcome to London Moms!

I found that with my first pregnancy I was always SO worried about everything. All the time. I was constantly stressing out over the babies well being and health. I think that is an incredibley normal feeling, especially for first time mama's.

Also, I never had a friend or family member who was going through what I was going through at the same time. My mom would always try to help answer my questions, but she seemed to forget quite a bit about pregnancy, since the last time she was pregnant was over 20 years ago... I'm glad you found London moms. You can ALWAYS find an answer here. If you can't find an answer, you can always find support.

I hope you start to enjoy your pregnancy and if you ever just need to vent, remember there are 2500 people waiting here to listen to you! Also, keep in mind things get a LOT better during the second trimester. Its a much more comfotable time!!

XO
    XO
    Jessica

Independant Passion Party Consultant
    Join my group on Facebook

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I felt very similar the first time. I even called my mom bawling and said "What did I do??" We tried (not a long time, but intentional pregnancy) to have our son. Those first trimester hormones really mess with you! Hugs! It gets better soon
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Hi SuezV You are not alone. This is a great place to come and chit chat with others, that have been there done that.

Also are due dates are very close together. I am due Dec 24th. So we have each other

Congratulations!!!

You are not alone! We're here for you. Pregnancy can be very scary. Crazy hormones, weird dreams, stretching, morning sickness etc.

Expert Forum User

Well first off congrats on the great news and morning sickness SUCKS. You are not alone, any questions you have these ladies are awesome at answering. I have asked soo many questions and got great, comforting answers everytime. GOOD LUCK

Expert Forum User

Hi Sue I'm so glad you found this site.....you'll find tons of support here and hopefully you'll feel less alone

Wow!...congratulations first of all! You've been through so much to get pregnant, i can't imagine how stressful it's all been for you! I haven't been through the same things as you, but I can definitely relate to what you're feeling now! We tried for almost 2 years and finallly got pregnant with our first....I had a very 'romantic' idea of pregnancy and what it would be like. But it didn't feel like that at all for me! I was so sick and exhausted.....and I worried about the pregnancy. Plus in the beginning the pregnancy doesn't even feel real. So i felt a lot of guilt and disappointment in those first few months because I didn't feel as happy as I thought i should.

with my other 2 pregnancies, i think the hormones were out of control, because i felt downright depressed....for quite a few weeks! i cried about anything, i didn't feel like talking....(i was nauseous and tired of course)

It got better over time though It's SO MUCH to adjust to!

The biggest thing I think i learned was that anything goes in terms of emotions and feelings during pregnancy.....just know that it is okay to feel what you're feeling. there is no 'normal'....and of course, you don't like how things feel right now, but i'll bet it gets better as you adjust to this HUGE event....Be easy with yourself in teh meantime.

All the best
    "My mind is going a mile an hour."

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! Mommy2Cuties's Avatar

Welcome to the site.

If it helps at all apparently there was a study done that linked morning sickness with child intelligence

You have come to the right place for answers, guidance, support and a good laugh (come on ladies we are pretty darn tootin funny hehe).

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards
    I stole Turtle's Lollipop! xoxo

Nicole, mama to Miss A (April 2005), Miss K (Sept 2007), Angel Baby (August 2008), and Baby A (June 2009)

Expert Forum User

Congratulations! No worries about not feeling like you think you should... you will be fine. I know that from my personal experiences I did not feel the overjoyment at being pregnant either, especially in the first stages of it... it was a self-protective emothional barrier I set up in preparation for the "what if" because it was such a long and difficult path to get child # 2. I'm sure that as your pregnancy progresses you will become more comfortable within your new skin sort-a speak and will find some comfort.

I hope these ladies have been able to ease some of your worries because they are absolutely right! You are not alone in this. I have so far found this website to be incredibly supportive, and non-judgemental! There's so many people who have been there/done that that any of your questions could be answered. And keep in mind, it is totally normal to be scared/worred/anxious about a pregnancy, even if it was well planned!
    Congrats and I hope you start to feel well soon! Can't wait to get to know you better!
    Buy my stuff!!! Usually Baby & Young Boy Stuff!!
    Lots of Baby Girl Clothing right now!!
    http://london.kijiji.ca/c-PostersOth...serIdZ56392368

Wow, I can't thank you all enough!
    I've wanted to write how I've been feeling for a long time. I’ve just worried that I shouldn't be having these feelings! Again, I can't say it enough! Thank you all for your words of encouragement and support!
    Just reading your responses has made me feel so much better and not alone. My body is going through so many changes right now, and every day it feels like something new is hurting. It has definitely been very overwhelming.
    I'm really excited about being pregnant, but I think I’ll feel a bit more relaxed once I'm done the first trimester. LOL
    Thanks again, I look forward to chatting with you ladies and getting to know you better!
    Sue

Hand Drawn Portraits of Your Furry Friends!
    Go to suepetportraits.blogspot.com for more details!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast