Thread: Wet pants (TMI)

Expert Forum User

Default Wet pants (TMI)

I woke up this morning and mypajama pants were kinda wet and humid. Not soaked or anything. Now I'm kinda nervous. I don't know if my bladder gave up on me during the night (if it was the case, wouldn't my pants be real wet) or maybe i'm leaking amniotic fluid ( then again, wouldn't it still be leaking? )

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

oh im not sure, i know that sometimes i wake up and im damp in that area. Im not sure maybe you should call you ob or doctor just to make sure that everything is fine. It might just be the heat making so sweat that much!

Keep us posted!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Expert Forum User

Ok - since we are already sharing TMI - I am always "leaking" something while pregnant - constantly with both pregnancies. I was told that if it smells sweet then it is amniotic fluid and if it smells like ammonia it is urine. I never asked my doctor because there was no way I wanted THEM TO SMELL IT!!! DD turned out ok and so far so good with this one! Take a smell test and go from there. HAVE FUN!!!

I woke up near the end of my pregnancy to a HUGE wet spot on the bed, and freaked out. Went in and they made me cough while they peered into *there* just to tell me that it was nothing, and I was sent home LMAO. If it's fluid, you would probably continue to leak, is my guess.

oh man! When I was pregnant towards the end I went into the hospital thinking I was leaking fluid and it turned out something was leaking all right! I was soooo red in the face when they explained it was my bladder!!! It only happened once thank goodness, but I would take thebarmybees advice and check it out on your own before going in.

Expert Forum User

I had an OB appt today and decided to ask about this - you made me think. And he just laughed when I told him about the smell test. He said "stop smelling what comes out of your body"! Geez, if even the doctor thinks it's weird... Anyhow, he didn't even look into it more - said it was fine, just vaginal discharge. I said it was FLUID and he said, yeah, it's vaginal discharge. So, now that I have made a fool of myself, at least we can rest assured it is normal and nothing to worry about. At least according to m OB!

at least you found out its nothing to serious! who is your ob??
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Expert Forum User

You're right! I am seeing Dr. Dececco. It was my first time meeting him today - quite funny but I think he though I was a freak!

Expert Forum User

I have Dr. Dicecco, too - I LOVE him! Funny as anything but yes, a little strange. He's not for everyone!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by teacher_mom
    I have Dr. Dicecco, too - I LOVE him! Funny as anything but yes, a little strange. He's not for everyone!
    Hey - maybe we will run into each other! Did you have him for #1?