Thread: Date ideas

Expert Forum User

Default Date ideas

It's been quite a while since DH and i have gone on a date to anywhere other than the Palisad (we're not very creative). He's been working SO hard lately and I want to do/plan something very special for him.

So, what do you ladies do for "date night"? Something fun, not necessarily super romantic, but if it is, then thats ok. I want it to be something that DH will enjoy and will make him feel special.. Like I said, I'm not really that creative when it comes to dates, so please let me know if you have ANY suggestions, I would REALLLLLY appreciate it.

(I've done romantic dinners at home, and to be honest, I SO don't feel like making dinner and doing dishes.. I do that everyday!! haha)
    XO
    Jessica

Independant Passion Party Consultant
    Join my group on Facebook

Expert Forum User

what about just the usual, go out to his fav restaurant and then go see amovie that he has been dying to see? I am pretty boring though and for me that is FUN

Expert Forum User

We love Moxie's on wellington. That's always our special treat. Sometimes after we'll go window shopping sans children to check out stores we never get to go into because of them. If not, we'll head out to play mini putt if it's nice. I like going for a walk downtown before it gets too late to window shop or whatever. We also enjoy Museum London once in a blue moon. I love harness racing so we'll go to the Western Fairgrounds once in a while to check them out. If I think of anymore, I'll let you know, that's just our starting list.

me i would go with his fav resturant.. or maybe a bar and grill if he doesnt have one (sum place with a nice atmosphere). seeing a Movie he wants to see is a good idea, but i would do sumthing fun you couldnt normally do with kids around. like mini putt, dancing, rock climbing, ect.

Team - Edward!!

Expert Forum User

How about going to a game of some type? Baseball, hockey, whatever.
    ~Cheryl~
    cherylb.acndirect.com

Expert Forum User

ooo I like the rock climbing idea and mini putt

Quote Originally Posted by mhuigenbos View Post
    ooo I like the rock climbing idea and mini putt

lol i know i always like doing something fun on dates

OH OH Glow Golfing (mini putt) at fleetway is fun!

Team - Edward!!

Expert Forum User

What about a trip to Grand Bend or Port Stanley, bite to eat and stroll around before it gets too crazy busy!

Expert Forum User

these are all great ideas.. and things i may have come up with on my own about2 year ago.. lol.. i feel so dumb not being able too come up with fun things. lol

i think rock climbing is (unfourtunately) out since i am pregnant and quite clumsy... but i could save that for after the baby.. once i'm back to normal.

Thanks so much for the ideas ladies!! xo
    XO
    Jessica

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I just heard an ad on the radio today saying that Wednesdays at Milestones is 'date night' and for $50 you get: 2 entrees, dessert and possibly even a drink? (can't recall about the drink part). That is an excellent deal for 2 people!
    When you are done dinner, you could either poke around the stores in masonville mall or catch a show at Silvercity or there's Chapters just across the road where you could go and enjoy a coffee at Starbucks (if you like it) and flip through some books/magazines.
    Have fun whatever you do!

Zoo

vip movies at westmount! so awesome!

yuk yuk's

London Music Club

or an evening at............................Lavish. no really its so cool just to sit there and meet people that anywhere wouldn't give a rats patooty who you are but there EVERYONE is someone. I love that. its NEVER boring. and the drinks yummy. just a suggestion or two-- eat before you go. and be prepared to share a sink with a hunk or two. LOL

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
    vip movies at westmount! so awesome!

yuk yuk's

London Music Club
    I totally forgot about Yuk Yuks... That used to be an old standby for DH and I. Ever since moving back to London I forget what there is to do.

We ended up just going out for dinner at Tiger Jacks. It was ok.. there is a TV on the wall that had the hockey game on, so I was really disappointed in the conversation we were having.. or... weren't having actually.

But it was definitely a great meal. We split a sundae (YUM!). And we went for a nice long drive afterwards. So it was SUPER simple, but I think he just enjoys the time to relax without the baby. Thanks again for all the great suggestions, I'll be coming back to this thread when we want to go on another date!
    xo
    XO
    Jessica