Default Ugh I feel like a crappy mom again..

Tonight at Sd's first soccer game of the season Ds was running around like a mad man. I was trying to keep up to him, keep him off the field and watch his sisters game all at the same time. Well doesn't he get away from me and run straight into the path of a bike. The poor kid on the bike didn't get a chance to stop and ran into him. DS ended up with a bloody nose and a huge fat lip. The kid that hit him was upset, I felt bad for him. There was no way he could stop in time. Everyone at the soccer game was so nice offering ice and blankets and the first aid kit. DS wouldn't let me put anything on it so it was hard to stop the bleeding. I finally got it to stop. He had blood all over his face it ws awful. Needless to say we didn't stay to watch the rest of the game.
    If any of you were there I'm sorry to have caused quite a scene during half time.
    I don't know if I'm going to be taking him to any more games by myself again

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Aw I'm sorry you had a rough evening. Don't let it stop you from taking him again. The game was probably filled with understanding parents who have btdt.
    Cole is 8 years old! January, 2005
    Nate is 5 years old! January, 2008
    Judah is 2 years old! October, 2010
    Avery Grace born & passed Feb 4, 2007.

"Why did I not know that birth is the pinnacle where women discover the courage to become mothers?"
    Anita Diamant (The Red Tent)

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Sorry to hear about your rough evening!

I'm with Carol. Every time I think I'm the only one who has been through things, you look around and realize how many others have been or are in the same boat! (That's at least how I survive the screaming toddler running around the store... or laying in the middle of the aisle...) It is a work in progress for both of you You and the child riding the bike are probably way worse for wear than your little guy!

Expert Forum User

mames sounds like a normal night out with the boy. if ya need to next time drop him off here, or I'll go with you to keep track of him while you watch the game.

What a traumatic night for you. I hope your DS is feeling much better by now. Perhaps he learned a lesson? (Not to run away from Mommy? - sorry trying to find a bright side for you...) I can imagine the poor boy on the bike was scared too...I bet the fact that you were understanding made it easier for him. I hope your DD gets to enjoy her next game without the drama and that you and your DS are able to enjoy it with her.

Expert Forum User

Don't be too hard on yourself, it sounds like you were doing the best you could! I would try to put it behind you and enjoy the rest of the soccer season!
    http://lifewithbecks.blogspot.com/

pm me for details about Little Diva Spa Parties

oh wow.. i would have been freaking out if it happened to my kid (i get upset easily and am overprotective) i was nearly in tears just thinking of it happening to you . sorry it wasnt a good game for you. it happens though..

the kid on the bike.. that happened to me and i was in tears for hours cause my cuzin ran infront of my bike i was only 8 and i felt so bad like it was my fault and i should have swerved or stopped .. i can imagine how bad the kid feels but im sure he understands he couldnt really have done anything

(hugs)

Team - Edward!!

Expert Forum User

So soory this happened. When ds#2 was younger and ds#1 was just starting in soccer I used to hire a babysitter to watch while we are at the game. It is only for about 90 minutes, so not too expensive. Or even cheeper would be to hire someone who is about 10 to come to the game with you and chase him around. That way you could enjoy the game!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

ouch poor guy! I hope he's feeling better today. And stuff like that happens!!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

BTDT - in fact my youngest took off for the road in the middle of last weeks soccer game.... scary stuff (I think I'll have to let him wander over to the park area next time to keep him out of trouble)...

Expert Forum User

Where does your SD play? I have been in your situation...I didn't see much of my eldest's first year of soccer b/c I had to chase a toddler instead (my dh was working Saturdays). Depending upon the field we either found a playground, looked at dogs through the fences that backed onto the field, picked dandylions, chased butterflies,etc. I would bring a snack and toys for in the stroller, which would buy me 10-15 minutes to actually watching time.
    Please always show kindness in your posts as the person receiving it may need it more than you will ever know.

SAHM to two boys, 13 and 7.