Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default O Please Please Please can ne1 help??

I have tried a few times now and I'm getting angrier my the second. Can anyone REALLY sew hems. I know i've waited til the last minute to do this but both of my DS's suits pants are too long. I can't get the hang of pinning them up so they are equal. NOW i know y people get paid to do this. geesh. IF someone out there can do this for me, i would SO appreciate it. I will bring them (and kids if necessary) to you. Maybe we can work something out in trade (not much $$) anyone...

Expert Forum User

I wish that I could sew as I'd help you if I could.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! PancakeMom's Avatar

I have a friend who runs a biz called Sizing Matters. She does all sorts of alterations, as well as custom bras, panties and swimsuits for those of us who are odd/large sizes. She's done lots of work for me doesn't charge much (I think a hem is $5!). She's from Kilworth but will usually pick up and drop off if its not too far.
    Her info-
    Alison Empey
    519-471-8523
    www.sizingmatters.com

Banned

I'm sorry. I can sew blankets but no idea how to sew hems.

o dear, I wouldn't see having her come all the way in for two pairs of pants worth her time. but thanks anyway. anyone else IN london

I taught Zoo recently how to use her machine (wasn't that lots of fun Zoo! lol She needed to learn to do the same thing for her DD!).

Sewing hems is easy peasy as pie. If you need assistance, feel free to PM me. I do custom sewing of all sorts

Expert Forum User

If you can't hook up with Leigh (though she would be an awesome option) you can buy this tape at Walmart or other places that sell sewing stuff and you litterally iron the hems up - it is like a double sided tape that sticks when heated. It doesn't last forever, but great in a pinch - sorry, would help with actual sewing but you probably wouldn't let them wear the pants after I got finished with them!LOL