Smile Tootin' my own horn - perfected back carry :)

I just wanted to say to all those mamas out there that get frustrated with babywearing to hang in there. I've had this wrap through three boys. With my first, I just did the front carry with him facing me and quit when he got too heavy for that. With my second DS, I did the front carry (facing in), and then braved him facing out for a bit, so I was able to carry a bit longer, but eventually gave that up as well.

With DS3, and some determination...I have now perfected the back carry!!! DS3 LOVES it, as do I. We walked through the ravine for 2 1/2 hours and he was so comfy on me, I hardly knew he was there! It took some practice, but I finally got it. Looking forward to many many months ahead of wearing my boy!

Happy happy happy!

ETA: photo
    Last edited by prilehavost; 04-26-2009 at 10:55 AM.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

woot! that is so awesome!!! you have unlocked the key to the universe there mama. lol!
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

WHOO!

is that a cuddly wrap??
    My little man was born on Oct 12/08 at home into Dad's loving hands.
    My little lady was born on July 28/11 at home... Daddy was busy keeping mom company.

I have 1 baby Santa Suit for Sale 0-3 months (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/vbclassif...&memberid=2201) or to Trade (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/104323-tr...it#post1592622). Thanks for looking!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleCat View Post
    WHOO!

is that a cuddly wrap??
    It's actually the old Purple Penguin wrap. It's lasted thru 3 big babies...and I love it. When it gets stretched and flat-like, I just wash it normal and toss it in the dryer and it softens back up and is all springy-like again. I believe they're now the Sassy wrap? I've tried a couple newer ones...but really like my penguin wrap.

What's a cuddly wrap? Where can I try one of those?

ETA: I found the cuddly wrap on the cheeky monkey website. What's the diff between it and the sassy? Is it length? Material?
    Last edited by prilehavost; 04-26-2009 at 09:56 PM.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss.

Quote Originally Posted by prilehavost View Post
    It's actually the old Purple Penguin wrap. It's lasted thru 3 big babies...and I love it. When it gets stretched and flat-like, I just wash it normal and toss it in the dryer and it softens back up and is all springy-like again. I believe they're now the Sassy wrap? I've tried a couple newer ones...but really like my penguin wrap.

What's a cuddly wrap? Where can I try one of those?

ETA: I found the cuddly wrap on the cheeky monkey website. What's the diff between it and the sassy? Is it length? Material?
    i just googled "penguin wrap"... i had no idea what you're talking about. there probably isn't much difference between the two in length. materialwise, i'd say the cuddly is thicker.
    My little man was born on Oct 12/08 at home into Dad's loving hands.
    My little lady was born on July 28/11 at home... Daddy was busy keeping mom company.

I have 1 baby Santa Suit for Sale 0-3 months (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/vbclassif...&memberid=2201) or to Trade (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/104323-tr...it#post1592622). Thanks for looking!

Expert Forum User

That looks great!!! Congrats

Purple Penguin became Rolz and Sassy, if it is the same material, which I believe it is, that is a gauze one and the cuddly wrap is a stretch one. The Rolz and Sassy is way wider, close to twice as wide, which makes it easier to wrap with, especially as they get bigger

Great to hear, I couldn't do back wraps with this one, got her on a couple times, but never felt secure enough, I used other carriers for my back. Maybe the next babe

congrats....seriously, that is fantastic!