Expert Forum User

Default Should I get a crib tent, or what?

A few weeks ago, my youngest, 20 months, discovered she could climb out of her crib and put a stop to this nap time thing. It has been quite horrible since then. She used to be easy to get to bed, but now she has decided she should climb out at bedtime, plus in the morning (and is now waking an hour or so earlier waaaah, and waking her sister). Yesterday it took me one hour of putting her in her bed every time she climbed out (maybe 20 times?) until she finally fell asleep. Today it took 40 minutes in order for her to have a 40 minute nap. She has been fighting naps for a while, but at least she would sit and gab for a while, often falling asleep. Now that she has discovered she can escape, it seems like all hope is lost. I do not have the inclination to put her back in her bed 20 times a day for nap time!
    So I have a few thoughts...I am thinking maybe a crib tent would work. If this idea sounds good, where is the best place to get an inexpensive one? I don't want to invest a hundred bucks on a possible solution that I anticipate only lasting a few months until nap time in completely gone anyway. My other thought is to put in the toddler bed and safety lock the door during nap time. Do you think she would eventually get bored and crawl back in bed? Dh just recently pinned all her furniture. What would you do? I am at a loss here! If you have made it this far, thanks for reading.

i found crib tents to be useless. but we bought ours for our cats to stay out of the crib. i think your lo will figured out how to get out of the crib regardless!! our's was kinda costly - around $100 from the children's furniture gallery.
    possibly put a baby gate on her door, we did this for a bit during the transition period from crib to bed and that was around 16-18mths.

Banned

When Noah first started to climb out of his crib at 15 months . We moved him to at toddler bed and gated his door. Now he has a door knob cover thingy to keep him in. He always ends up asleep in his bed

Similar problem here. We use a sleep-sack/grow-bag and so far she hasn't been able to get out of the crib because she can't grip the rails with her toes or separate her legs enough to haul herself out. So far, so good. I figure each month we can get by with her staying in her crib (rather than a bed) is a blessing. A young toddler without walls around her bed could be a nightmare! Good luck!

Expert Forum User

We use a sleep sack to keep our LO in as well. He can't climb over the crib with it on. You can buy lightweight ones for the summer and just put onsie on underneath.

I sold my crib tent last month on kijiji for $40.00, so you could always look there for a second hand one. If I were you though, I think it is more econimcal to buy a second hand toddler bed and use your crib mattress with it.

Here's a crib tent on kijiji for only $10.00
    http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-se...AdIdZ125958787

Last month my ds @ 21 months "decided" he no longer wants his crib, he wanted a big bed like his sister...so we spent $20.00 on a white toddler bed frame on kijiji.

Good luck