Expert Forum User

Unhappy Need to vent.. again..

DH and I hardly ever have company at our place. We have a friend from BC that's been in London for a while and we finally made plans to get together tonight. DH is working late today and can't help me get the house ready, so I've been tidying up most of the day (on and off). Well, I BROKE MY BIG TOE!!! I'm in AGONY and just can't get anything done.

I really don't want to cancel our plans because we aren't going out or anything, I guess I just wish I got more done before I broke my toe. I had a girlfriend come over for a bit to watch DD while I cleaned.. but it was SO nice to have her over that we just sat and drank our tea. I'm just going to leave the house as it is.. because I just can't do anything.

I feel SOOO pregnant all of a sudden. I'm barely showing but I feel huge, sore, tired, cranky and just.... pregnant!!! Plus I have a little one who's now all over the place.. crawling, creeping, cruising.. etc etc.. its so hard to keep up with her when I feel like this and can't really stand on my foot.

I want DH to come home! I miss him SO much today.

Does anyone know what to do to help a broken toe? I can't really get to the hospital and even if I could, there probably wouldn't be much they could do anyway. I can't take anything for the pain because I'm pregnant. I've been icing it, but thats about all I know what I should do. If anyone has any suggestions.. or wants to come and finish cleaning my house (LOL).. let me know! ;-
    XO
    Jessica

Independant Passion Party Consultant
    Join my group on Facebook

Expert Forum User

Hey, we're kinda "sole" sisters! I broke my baby toe (I'm sure of it) a few weeks ago, and of course I keep banging it, and it's not flip flop season, and it freakin hurts! It's still black and blue and swollen!
    Ok, sorry. No, there is nothing you can do but ice it.
    Your friend(s) are there to see YOU not your house. Given the information, I'm sure they'll cut you some slack if a dust bunny approaches in the bathroom!
    Funny, I have friends from BC in London right now too! Funny if it was the same people! Do they have a 1 yr old with them?
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

OUch!!! Sorry that happened?? Can you tape the toe?/ Not sure, Hope it heals up quickly!! HUGS
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

I don't know about taping it. I've never tried that before. It hurts even just THINKING about touching it! LOL. I can feel my heart beating in my toe EWW!

Tansie, my friend whos here from BC right now actually just moved back. He's a single guy living with a bunch of other single guys (LOL.. remember those days?). So after I thought about it, i figured my house at its messiest is probably 100x cleaner than his house and he won't even notice the effort I put in anyway LOL. I decided just to relax and light some candles so it would at least smell pretty in here haha. About it being flip flop season, I don't want people to see my giant black toe now! haha.. I will definitely have to paint my toe nails soon.
    XO
    Jessica

Independant Passion Party Consultant
    Join my group on Facebook

Expert Forum User

Dh and I have both broken toes (probably from being up too late lol!!) anyway, just taped it to the toe next to it to stabilize it. It wasn't a big toe though, so maybe you need a splint? I'd check it out with the doc.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I would get it checked it out, hospitals do tape the toes together and it helps. I have broken toes twice now and I have found wearing tight fitting running shoes helps alot with being able to walk easier

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    I have found wearing tight fitting running shoes helps alot with being able to walk easier
    Oh but it hurts like h-e-double hockey sticks! Especially with a 7 hr shift!
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

Expert Forum User

just reading this is making my toes hurt...ALL OF THEM sorry about your toe!

Expert Forum User

I broke my toe a few years ago and the doctor told me to invest in a decent pair of steel toed boots to wear around the house (tie them tight!!). It makes a HUGE difference when your not banging the toe around (I didn't even realize how often I bang my toes, until my toe broke).

The hospital / doctor will x-ray it, confirm the fact it's broken, and then do nothing.