Expert Forum User

Default Vent, Vent, Vent.....Scratch!

I am super annoyed today. Let me tell you!

On Thursday and a few times before that day, I laid down the rules for DH of what I expect when I work the night shift. It was easy common sense stuff to help me get some sleep during the day. For instance, if you need to give the kids a time out, put them on the stairs instead of in their room. Their room is right across from ours. If the weather is nice. Take them for a walk or to the park or visit his parents. Once again so I can sleep.

Thursday night was my first night shift. (I got up Thursday am at 8:15am and maybe napped for a hour and half) Got home Friday morning at 7:20 ish. DS1 and DS2 were up and waiting to see me. They were being super good and quiet. I made them breakfast, turned on the TV and told them if they needed anything and daddy and DD were still sleeping to come and get me. Once daddy is up, leave me alone. (In a nice way). They ate their breakfasts and then came and gave me a hug and a kiss. Shortly after DH got up, shut the door where I was sleeping. (Also, on my way home from work, I picked DH up a coffee to be nice)

All morning, I heard yelling, crying, yelling, whinning. I was so annoyed. Then for at least half a hour I heard DD crying in her room. So after that long I got up. She had just gone for a nap. (when I put DD down and she cries DH always saves her after 5 or 10 mins tops, he never lets her CIO. Why he did while I was trying to sleep...Got me?) So I get up and DH asks me why I got up so early? Um crying baby? Yelling? But he was the one who was SUPER GRUMPY. I guess he had to get up a few times in the night with DD so he was tired. (hmmmmm, no sympathy from me...welcome to my world) BTW, its now 10am. So shortly after I go back to sleep.

At noon, I am woken up. (thats what time I wanted to get up, cause we were going out at 1230 to meet friends blah blah blah). The kids were to have been done lunch and ready to go. Well they were still eatting lunch, and no diaper bag packed. Go figure. I comment on this cause I thought we had a plan. And he replies, I didn't know we needed a diaper bag. (HELLO, 2 kids in diapers, 1 uses bottles...GRRR!!) So I say its not possible to leave in 15 mins,so we will go later. DH replies "I thought you told people u were coming?" Yeah well they knew I was working nights so whatever was my attitude.

So then DH informs me he is going to 7-11 to get a coffee and asks me if I want one. I said no thank you. (I prefer not to drink 7-11 coffee...just me) He said QUOTE "if I was going to Timmy's you would want one right". I said Yes. He said, welll I am not going. (Um, do you all remember I brought him one home in the morning??? and now I have had maybe 2 hours of sleep???) Whatever. I continue to pack up stuff, get dressed whatever. Then I decided that DS2 needs a nap before we go cause he was CRANKY. Must have worn off from his father.

I get him down and decide I am going to go get myself a coffee. I take DS1 and this is where things GO BAD!!

I pull outta the timmies drive through, the truck goes what feels like up over the curb and then I hear a long scratch and clunk!! OMG what did I just do????

I get onto the road and drive a bit to get outta the way. Look in my mirror and see a large cememnt block behind me in the drive though lane. OMG!!! I get out and look and the side of my (actually DH's truck) is scratched ....B-A-D!! Both passenger side doors and the long step thing under neath each door. So bad!! I immediately start crying. The stress that has just come over me. DH is gonna FLIP. He puts so much stress on me not to wreck his truck, its crazy. DS starts to cry and well. He felt so bad for his mommy. How Sweet is that?

Long story short. I could have been charged with hit and run. A cop witnessed it as well. Caught up with me later on. I am cool no problems now.DH was super duper duper duper PISS#D.

Later on we went out as a family and went to the beach. Had some fun. Then came home. Then took the kids to my parents and I went home to sleep before I had to work again tonight.

*****IMO, if DH just would have gotten me a coffee, I wouldn't have had to get my own!!*******

Sorry so long. Thank you!!

Expert Forum User

Oh wow, hon I am so so sorry. First, I hope you dh smartens the hell up. Second, I hope you get some sleep, and third, I really hope you guys can settle into a routine for everyone to follow. Maybe sit down with you and write out a plan/ schedule for everyone to follow and give him the ability to do things his way as well, without throwing the balance off. Hugs doll. Nights suck.

Expert Forum User

that sucks!!! i haven't had any nights shifts yet where the kids will be home with DH during the day but i imagine it will be similar ( minus getting up at noon and the accident!!)

my dh is the same with stuff like diaper bag and schedules and planning in general so i spell it out very precisly what he needs to do! the funny part is he looks at me like I'm nuts and he has it all under control....then realizes he doesn't! hope your next day is better!

Try earplugs to block out the noise while you sleep. You need to get sleep. My mom would try and go to bed as soon as she got home and would get up around 12-1 then lay back down at 7:30 with us and have another sleep before she went to work. Good luck!

Expert Forum User

You have put my bad day into perspective, sorry you had such an awful day, atleast the same bad day can't happen over again and today has got to be better. good luck.

Expert Forum User

Ohh, K I am soooo sorry you had a rotten day yesterday, I hope DH is letting you sleep and get back to yourself. The First week back to work is always the hardest. Dh is going to have to learn quickly that he needs to get incharge so you can rest.

xoxo
    Starbucks???? you call me.

Expert Forum User

Man, I hate days like that, you just wish you could turn back the clock and have a do-over! I've had a bad day end with getting a huge speeding ticket, and another time totally backing into a coworkers car! I'm sorry about your truck, and glad you and your ds are ok! Oh, and that your dh was being a Mine is today too

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I am pretty sure hit and run is just if you hit a living being But htat probably doesn't help.

For sleeping when kids are up, I find the best way is a pillow over my head and radio on in the background. Dh never has a problem sleeping through our lives, with the exception of the Fisher Price Corn Popper toy, or harmonica music, he's slept through it all. Fire alarms, everything.
    Earplugs are a good idea, too. Night mask may help, too, to fool yourself into night feelings.

Good luck...shift work is tough on everyone.