Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I have a shape im into LOL its called round. LOL. s-t-r-e-t-c-h first. then start slow. Pretty soon we'll all be modeling our bikinis ...Ok maybe our 1 pieces with coverups by summer. A girl can dream can't she. hehe

I just started working out, I got a gym membership at premier fitness. Ive been working out on the treadmill alot, doing the whole walk/run thing. I thought about signing up for one of those learn to run, but i chickened out...maybe next time around...when i hopefully have some endurance! haha. I just kept picturing me at the back of the pack of runners! lol!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I need an exercise gig too...

I went on another long walk today and man, I can feel my damn knee again. It doesn't hurt exactly but it definitely feels weird. So Im sure I can't run. Hrm. Bicycling. I might join the Y.

You should join the Central London Y with me DM!! Come on you know you wanna...
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by branka82 View Post
    Hey when is the deadline to sign up for the road race?
    I think you can sign up until May, but the price goes up the closer it gets.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by january_baby View Post
    I just started working out, I got a gym membership at premier fitness. Ive been working out on the treadmill alot, doing the whole walk/run thing. I thought about signing up for one of those learn to run, but i chickened out...maybe next time around...when i hopefully have some endurance! haha. I just kept picturing me at the back of the pack of runners! lol!
    I am ALWAYS at the back. The people at the front have to keep walking back to keep me in the group! It's no problem, one of the group leaders is always with me and I don't feel any pressure to keep up with everyone else.

Im pretty sure I might join one of the next learn to run! I feel alot better knowing theres no pressure annnnd if I have some extra cash lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dressage mom View Post
    Hey FE, we should totally get together and cheer on the "active people"!

Good for you for getting motivated; do you find it difficult to get into routine of it? How do you like the gym? I have tried the gym route on numerous occasions but end up being frustrated with all that machinery, and quickly getting bored.

And then after the 2 minute workout, I'd go get ice cream.

Riding at least invigorates me; makes me feel like I'm not "exercising" for the sake of exercising. (Except Thursday, I thought I'd DIE, but I have an excuse for that, being out of shape and all).

I have to dig out my "Yoga for Equestrians" book -- I used to have a really good yoga routine for BEFORE I got on, which really helped stretch the right muscles. Of course, wherever I packed that.. .hmm ...
    I don't mind the gym, I signed up for a five week program where I have one on one guidance to the gym. I have actually found it quite helpful, and it eased me into a new environment as well.
    I am trying to stick with going three days a week. I am hoping to achieve some strength and endurance so that I can translate it to my day to day living.

I think it's great that you are passionate about horses AND can achieve fitness results by doing it!! The yoga for equestrians book sounds really interesting.

congrats on getting moving, we will have to motivate each other, and then share some vino

And I definately want to cheer on the ladies who are running too! (we can bring them some gatorade while we drink our tim's)

Quote Originally Posted by myrrah View Post
    I need an exercise gig too...

I went on another long walk today and man, I can feel my damn knee again. It doesn't hurt exactly but it definitely feels weird. So Im sure I can't run. Hrm. Bicycling. I might join the Y.

You should join the Central London Y with me DM!! Come on you know you wanna...

we just got a family y membership

I have knee issues too, the women at the gym said strengthening the muscles around the knee will help with that..

I spent YEARS walking alot on pavement with crap shoes so my left knee/hip is in rough shape. There must be some physio exercises to help with knee problems? And, do you have good support in your shoes? I have invested in half decent shoes because not having them was preventing me from moving.

Good luck, and if you get your y membership let me know.We are meeting feminist mama there next weekend for a playdate with the kids

Expert Forum User

kay, FE it's a date.

The Y ... hmm, maybe. Where is it? Do they have childcare/activities for the kids in case I ever have child in tow? That's the thing you see -- "my" time is already spoken for, unless I do something simple and easy around the house, like a walk in the evening or early morning. Or a Richard Simmons video, lol. (Seriously, you SWEAT doing those!)

My abs are feeling a bit back to normal today, although the muscles/tendons in the private regions are still a little achy, lol. The Yoga book is really awesome, I'm going to have to dig it out. It's really laid out well, and I'm sure it's great for ANYONE, even though it's a book geared towards riders.
    "Show me your horse and I will tell you who you are." -- Old English Saying

Quote Originally Posted by mum_of_four View Post
    Lauren's Mom! Come run Forest City Road race with us!
    LOL! I don't think I'm ready for that yet! I'll huff and puff in the privacy of my basement a while longer before I attempt to run out in public. Wouldn't want to scare the neighbours! Good luck with the training...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12