Question UWO School of Dentistry

Has anyone been there? I've been having some pretty bad pain in my top and bottom molars on my left side, that I've tryed puttin off not getting looked at for awhile now but the pain has come back again. So I just called the school emergency part and have an appt for Monday. But I'm just wondering if anyone's had experience there? Good or bad?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I was their YEARS ago and they were awesome. Not sure what they are like now. I now they are all students and every step is monitored by the teacher, so be prepared to 'open wide' a few times. good luck

My friend goes there, loves them.

Medix uses it for dental assisting & Fanshawe for dental hygiene & assisting... so you'll be in good hands

I was also wondering if anybody else experienced their teeth getting not as strong, and went kinda downhill when they were pregnant? I had braces as a teen and had my teeth pretty well "ok", hadn't had any cavititys for awhile etc etc, then each time I got pregnant I found that my teeth just got worse each time.

Yep, I have gone to the uwo medical school. I had a student who did the work I needed done. It takes minimal three hours each visit (this is at the school not emerg).

I have gone to the emerg section as well and it went okay. It kinda sucked when my mouth was hanging open, I was freaking because of fear of pain and then...they had a really cute doc come in to yank the tooth out.Man that sucked!

And yes, my teeth went downhill bigtime after pregnancy and birth.

uwo dental school is a good place to go. I was there for dental assisting helping the dental students and also through dental hygiene doing cleanings. It is much more affordable, and if you are willing to spend the time, you get good care. Trust me, everything is checked and rechecked by a dentist, and they have good dentists working there.
    Barbi, mommy to
    Jack and Seth

Expert Forum User

DH has been there for both emergency and comprehensive treatment. They did a great job. The only downfall is it takes a looong time to get anything done when the students do it because it has to be double checked.

Banned

How much is a cleaning? We do not have any coverage, and just wondered if it is worth the drive?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I haven't been to the dental school but yes my teeth went downhill after pregnancy, especially having them back to back. I have straight even teeth from braces but they now are really sensitive and I had cativites. (ok have I'm such a baby I need to still get them filled). My dentist made the comment that pregnancy can affect your teeth.
    Cole is 8 years old! January, 2005
    Nate is 5 years old! January, 2008
    Judah is 2 years old! October, 2010
    Avery Grace born & passed Feb 4, 2007.

"Why did I not know that birth is the pinnacle where women discover the courage to become mothers?"
    Anita Diamant (The Red Tent)

Expert Forum User

Must be something to do with the massive hormonal changes. Perimenopause and menopause have also been known to affect gum and teeth sensitivity.

I have also been to the UWO school of dentistry; too my then 3 year old daughter, and they were really wonderful. She fell and smashed her face on cement and pushed one of her front teeth back -- they took xrays, and were diligent about checking up on her a few times within the following months. I really liked them and would definitely go back.

FWIW, I called a pediatric dentist when this happened and it would have cost me $300 to walk in the door. The visit at UWO was $60.
    "Show me your horse and I will tell you who you are." -- Old English Saying

I'm 31 & no cavities and my gums are in tip top shape (pockets are less then 3, average of 1-2) but then again I think I'm a little obsessive over my teeth.

If you find your enamel isn't strong, ask your dentist if he recommends MI paste for you. It is the only paste on the market that can slow/halt the progression of caries & strengthens enamel & dentin.

anyone know the number to the school to make a appointment? Thanks
    ---London Fine Artist---
    http://facebook.com/ashleybridgerart