Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default *Update* - really bad night last night - Twins sleeping in same bed

We just switched to "big beds" and tonight I heard little footsteps. So I went upstairs to check and DS has climbed into DD's bed. I put him back in his bed and he started sobbing. I left his room and a few minutes later I heard little footsteps and he went back into DD's room. I left him and left him fall asleep in her bed.

Should I nip this in the bud? Did you find this became a habit if you didn't stop it?

ETA: So last night went REALLY bad! Claire woke up crying that she wanted Matthew OUT of her bed. So we put him back in his bed, he got back out and went in her bed. So we put her back in her crib. We thought that solved it BUT you WON'T believe what Matthew did!!!! He climbed into Claire's crib to sleep with her (sorry no pics it was 3 am so we were really tired...lol). We are going to put a gate across his door to see if that will solve this tonight.

Wow, I thought it was going to be harmless having Matthew sleep with Claire but she really does not want him in her bed or room!
    Last edited by twinmommy; 03-24-2009 at 07:38 PM.

Banned

I don't know what I would do. Did they share a room before the big beds came into play tonight? That seems so sweet to me. Does your DD mind sharing?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Awwwwww!!!! *melt* I have no idea if that's cool or not, but the visual is ADORABLE!!

I would think that as long as they're sleeping, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I guess it's up to you!

I would let them sleep in the same bed. Soon enough they will be wanting their own space.

I agree with Turtle *AWWWW*

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

totally an awww moment! Not sure what to say, you said the beds are new so maybe he just needs time to adjust to the newness and it will likely just be a phase that will pass. hopefully you get a pic!!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

I agree, it sounds so sweet. If they sleep well sharing then I wouldn't fuss about it. If it's a problem then I would move him back.

Expert Forum User

I did get a pic "such a mom thing to do". I will post it as soon as I get it uploaded to the computer.

DD does not like him in bed with her (you will see in the pic what she did). DD went to the big bed last Wednesday and DS started in the big bed on Saturday. We switched DS to the big bed when he kept going into DD's bed so we thought he would like to start in his big bed.

They have been in separate rooms since they were 10 months old. Actually now that I think about it DS was constantly in DD's new room when we switched DD to her own room. He would crawl into her room and just lay on the carpet and stare all around her room. We thought it was just because we had done the room in bright colours but now after tonight I am wondering if it was because we separated them.

DS does not transition as well as DD to new things so I guess I will see how it goes and see if it becomes an issue. We are going to put DS back in his own bed before we go to bed but I HAD to get a pic!

Expert Forum User

Oh that Matthew, so cute!!! I don't have any advice but think it is cute too!! Can't wait to see you guys on Sat.

Our 'twins' (2 boys 1yr1wk apart) slept in the same room and bed for a while too, it literally took MOVING to another home to get them into their own rooms and beds. Maybe you could have them in the same room, different beds (if possible) until DS gets used to it, then you can seperate them. not sure what else to say, if DD didn't mind i wouldn't see it as a problem. but..

Expert Forum User

Claire didn't want Matthew sleeping with her so she told him "mine", "Matthew sleep over there"

So Claire banished him to the corner of her bed. I am sure there will be more pics of the sleeping together in the years to come

Expert Forum User

That is SO cute!
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

o they look so yummy that didn't sound right but hope ykwim. toooo cute. i love those pics. those are the ones you pull out in 5-10 years and GUSH over.

We haven't moved our b/g twins over yet, but they do share a room and I can still see them wanting to sleep in the same bed. They are just so attached to one another, they can't sleep without the other one in the room.
    twinmommy - that is so adorable! I would let them sleep in the same bed, it's probably just a comfort knowing that his sister is near him.
    Overachieving underachiever

My kids slept together for ages. Most times it was the only way we could get DS to sleep.

Banned

That pic is adorable.
    uhmmm I love your DS pj's. Can you tell me where you got them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast