Default TMI question about hemroids (*eww*) Another question added =S

Im Blushing just typing this...sorry for TMI
    so I know being pregnant makes us a little more likely to get them...
    I think I might have one (please don't ask how lol)
    But there is no pain, itching...basically I wouldn't even know it was there
    Do I have to do something about it? I tried looking things up online but a few gross pictures later and some needless information I couldn't find anything about them if they weren't bothering you
    so I though I would ask some people who have been there (that would be you guys =D )
    Is there something I need to do to make sure it doesn't get infected or anything.
    Thanks for any info =S
    Last edited by Bitter Suites; 03-19-2009 at 08:40 PM.

You do not need to treat them unless they are bothering you, but it is a cosmetic thing for many ppl. You can use preparation H, or anusol(more effective IMO). Or you can use Tucks Pads or witch hazel on cotton face washing pads to help reduce the swelling. Then in order to help prevent more from occuring, drink lots of water and eat lots of fibre everyday.
    Looking for a doula? Contact --
    www.babeezeinarms.com

TMI ahead:

My doctor said Preparation H was perfectly safe to use while pregnant. It is best to treat them as soon as you find them because if they get big, sitting down, lying down and even walking can become extremely uncomfortable. Also, make sure you're drinking plenty of water and getting enough fruit/vegetables/fibre to keep things running smoothly, if you know what I mean (haha).

Signed,

One who suffered, but only briefly

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

My friend's doctor told her, if it was NOT uncomfortable, to actually try to gently prod them back in.

Expert Forum User

I found that using baby wipes when I went to the bathroom helped. That way I wasn't irritating them with toilet paper. Also, nice long showers were nice. I only got them briefly, but they did not hurt that much, they were just uncomfortable.
    Danielle
    Mom of 4

Quote Originally Posted by amyunicorn View Post
    My friend's doctor told her, if it was NOT uncomfortable, to actually try to gently prod them back in.
    GAH! I dunno....

Im going to send hubby to get me some stuff tomorrow to make sure it doesn't get worse
    Im uncomfortable enough as is, I don't need another pain in my bum!
    I heard baths too, or something is suppose to help..
    Guess I just want to make sure that Im not doing something wrong...or that I should be doing something that Im not
    =S

Thanks for the advice!

Sorry hon. Hope you feel better soon. Don't sit on cold surfaces too much, or on the toilet for too long, and don't strain to have a BM. *hugs*

Expert Forum User

I found that having baths hurt more, because I was sitting on a hard surface. That's why I had lots of showers.
    Danielle
    Mom of 4

I got one just after Aden. Same discription, wouldn't even really know it's there. I think I just used stool soffeners for a bit and it eventually went away. I have burst one before too... scary to get up and see the blood in the toilet... we were at the doc proptly. Oh how I 'love' those rectal exams :P
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Expert Forum User

I have had them but they always bother me so I have always used anusol. It works great. I know someone that didn't treat and had to get them removed because they got so bad so if you think you have one treat it ASAP so it doesn't get to that point. Good luck

I went this morning and got some things...=S
    I also stocked up on a bunch of fruit and good for me food (Im sorry mr.fluffy)
    Thanks again for all the info, you guys are really great you know that? =D

I was like you and had them near the end of my pregnancy. It didn't bother me at all, no itching or pain or irritation. However, after I delivered (vaginally) I found them extremely painful, even more so than my stitches or actually giving birth. (mind you I had an epi)

The pain lasted for a few weeks, so if you can get rid of them now do it ASAP!
    Wife to Phil and our two beautiful boys MacGregor (Jan. '09) and Archer (Mar. '11)!

I have a follow up question =S
    Its been almost a week and I have been using the wipes and anusol
    There has been no change, it hasn't gotten sore or itchy, hasn't gotten any bigger...but hasn't gotten smaller either
    Is it normal that there is no change? I guess I was kind of expecting that I would wake up the next morning and *poof* it would be gone lol
    Should I expect to have this thing until I deliver? I read online the signs that I need to worry and when to see a dr. but for now it just bugs me because I know its there (the little jerk)
    Thanks for the advice, I guess I just wanna know if I need to get rid of it and see a dr, or if its normal that its sticking around

*please excuse the puns, none were intentional LMAO!*

Expert Forum User

if your really worried about it, I would go see someone but IMO it doesn't sound like it is too bad. Mine took about 2 weeks to go away completely but mine were also bothering me so, I am not to sure what to say. good luck!