Thread: Can I join????

Default Can I join????

Hi

I'm currently a SAHM of three beautiful DK's. I did some upgrading then was accepted to London College, dental hygiene program except they closed down.
    I'm interested in either nursing or social work... so I'm about to start taking some university courses to prepare.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! Mommy2Cuties's Avatar

Welcome to the site. We are always looking for more mamas to join My tickers will tell you more about me.

Like you, I am thinking of going back to school as well. I was thinking social work or possibly something in HR. Decisions suck sometimes don't they?

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards How old are your children, if you dont mind me asking.
    I stole Turtle's Lollipop! xoxo

Nicole, mama to Miss A (April 2005), Miss K (Sept 2007), Angel Baby (August 2008), and Baby A (June 2009)

Expert Forum User

Welcome!

Hi, I can't believe I didn't introduce my children & thanks for the warm welcome.

My oldest, R, just turned 8, my middle one, N, is turning 4 at the end of the month, and our surprise blessing, E, just turned 2.

I'm doing my 1st yr at Athabasca, it's an open university for transfer credits to get into UWO. If you want more info, I'll be glad to share.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

WELL hi and welcome, hope you feel comforable enough to fit into our 'threads' right away. congrats on your going back to school, hehe and your kids

Expert Forum User

Hi! Welcome! Congrats on going back to school. How do u like the Athabasca courses? I'm currently at UWO taking Library & Info. Science.

Expert Forum User

Welcome

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

Welcome to the student moms section!

I just did something pretty similar! I did my first year of university full-time at AU, and then transferred this year to UWO. I did it because I'd planned on taking social work and needed to take the 1st and 2nd year social work courses to apply to (you can do them all in 1 year though, if you take the 1st year course throughout the year and then the 2 half-courses in summer school and apply that year, they will wait til you're done your courses and tell you at the last minute right before the program starts in the fall whether or not you'd been accepted... Sorry for the babble, I'm sure you can figure this out on your own! LOL!) but then I changed my mind about social work and I'm planning on either doing the MILS like Ellen or maybe do graduate work in soc, not sure yet.

I have an almost-3-year-old and we're planning on conceiving another one this summer.

Have you joined the AU Student's Union website's forum thinger? LOL! They have a student moms club there. It's pretty slow though I think.

Welcome!
    Good luck with your new career/educational paths. These are big decisions and gutsy for you to undertake with your little ones the ages that they're at. Have fun though, it will be worth it I am sure.