Thread: Playdates

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Playdates

How often do you let your kiddies have a friend over? I am just curious. So far this week dd has had 2 friends over with another one coming to play tomorrow. On average she has at least one friend here a week. Sometimes I find the playdates to be work and other kids that are here none at all. So how often do you do playdates
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

We usually go out to playgroups 3-4 days a week. I have a 3 year old DD and 8 month old DS. We may have someone to our house once every two weeks...

I was just thinking about this the other day....X just had his first school playdate(meaning a friend from school) last weekend(he went to his friend's house)...We honestly cannot do through out the week becuase I work after school and dh would rather not have any one come that he would have to look after ykwim.. So weekends do work best and actually for X's friend(he spends the most time with) they work good for her family as well
    But we are thinkgin about asking her to come over during March Break for one or two days during the week
    I think with this being X's first year of school it isn't a big thing but I do believe by next year he will want it to happen all the time
    Becky Mom to X and C

Expert Forum User

I find it varies a lot from week to week. I also find that once she has one friend over, she wants to continue having friends over for the rest of the weekend/week. I don't always like that because if we have plans, it really throws our weekend. She even has one friend who sometimes just doesn't show up. We like the family, but it's a pain when we rearrange our schedule and she doesn't show.

Quote Originally Posted by jjsam78 View Post
    How often do you let your kiddies have a friend over? I am just curious. So far this week dd has had 2 friends over with another one coming to play tomorrow. On average she has at least one friend here a week. Sometimes I find the playdates to be work and other kids that are here none at all. So how often do you do playdates
    I have playdates as often as Jeena sees your J

-- Delia --

Quote Originally Posted by smilesformama View Post
    I have playdates as often as Jeena sees your J
    Hee hee And hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can do them more often!!!

I don't do many on the weekends as I never know what we are going to be doing. So we do them through the week. I am a SAH so it's not to bad And honestly my 2 fight less when C has a friend here.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

NOT OFTEN ENOUGH!

We usually try to get together with someone at least once a week. But, we do have a designated playgroup on Weds when she is not at school. Tues and/or Thurs we try to go skating with a friend. I definitely find it easier to have someone here to play with her. They keep each other entertained and so far I haven't had a child over that I haven't been highly impressed with manners wise (they're in jk or sk.) My DD seems to do a good job picking her friends!

We don't do weekends that often as we try to keep it family time. My DH doesn't get home from work until 5:30 ish and by the time dinner and baths are done, it's pretty much bedtime. Daddy time comes on the weekends!
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

tansie, I too find most the kids that come here have great manners. dd's friends are all pretty good kids.

Expert Forum User

Not often enough. DS takes bus to school, there are very few kids from his school that live close to us. I find after school hard as there are after school activities and homework and such. Weekend is sports and family time. In the nice weather they are outside everyday playing with the kids on the street. Winter is for hibernation!LOL
    I go to the Wed morning group with Tansie so my younger one has that every week.